We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cala dor or cala millor?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Cala dor or cala millor?

Never been to majorca before so am undeciced which resort,3 familys with kids from 7 to 17 going. looking at cristina apartments in cala millor and club marthas in cala dor. any advise? thanks.

west midlands
Level Contributor
183 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cala dor or cala millor?

been to both resorts ,i prefer cala bona ,cala millor ,cala millor is a bit german but cala dor is not its down to what you want and time of year ,some nice walks at both i stayed in cala dor aug went to cala millor on the bus ,some one will tell you about the apartments i am sure where you stay is a big part ,have a great holiday

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Cala d'Or
Level Contributor
1,060 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cala dor or cala millor?

Hi,

Please say exactly what you would like from your holiday in Majorca because both resorts you have looked at are opposites, and then I can

happily advise you wish to choose.

HRH

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Cala dor or cala millor?

Hi,the apartments are the most important thing to us as a family.Kids entertainment but also need two 16 year olds to be happy so need apartments that cater for both. Us adults dont like high rise blocks and great number of apartments on the complex. In laws went to p pollensa last and liked it, we like it in albeferia because its a nice mix of young and old without it being rowdy. I wanted to try santa ponsa but after reading some reveiws about it being very rowdy my father in law doesnt want to go there because of the younger ones in the group. We have picked cala dor playa in cala dor but they do seem very geared towards little ones, not much mention of teenagers?( theres little point in little ins being happy if we have unhappy teenagers!) I like the beach to be close but i know cala dor is all coves where i would prefer the beach in cala millor as its long and flat! Like nice reataurants and somewhere for abit of entertainment at night. Hope this helps,sorry to waffle on abit!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
115 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cala dor or cala millor?

have just returned from cala dor,lovely restaraunts,nice marina so great for eating out,coves very small and crowded we choose cala dor as had our young grandchild with us and thought coves would be safer but to be honest couldnt get near the sea,es forti beach on cala egos side of cala dor was filthy!have been to cala millor and the beach is great also has good area of restaurants and bars but not as upmarket and pretty setting of cala dor,and is geared very much to german visitors.puerto pollensa is beautiful with lovely stretch of beach,good restaurants around the square,lovely pine walk,couple of small clubs certanly not rowdy,also close to alcudia,old pollensa town,of all if you could get a good complex i think puerto pollensa would suit all ages of your group

London, United...
Level Contributor
118 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cala dor or cala millor?

Hi we used to go to club martha when our children were younger and they loved it there although alot more expensive now for all inclusive but we went self catering. As the kids got older weve tried cala millor bigger shopping strip etc but i still favour cala dor/calo egos - kids made lots of friends and had its own entertainment hope this helps

South Yorkshire
Level Contributor
144 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cala dor or cala millor?

I would second the suggestion of Puerto Pollensa definitley.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
651 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cala dor or cala millor?

where ever you choose will be very hard to accomodate everyone in your party but me personally would do cala millor over cala d or you will feel on holiday alcudia suited for everyone pollensa nice but boring, 16yr olds can do there own thing you need to accomodate the little ones makes ur holiday easier and less stressfu,l if you want butlins in the sun then look at the bouganvilla in sa coma and you always got the bonaire in cala bona which is good for both adults and kids just check out its reviews on here

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Cala d'Or
Level Contributor
1,060 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cala dor or cala millor?

Hi,

I don't know when you are thinking of going to Majorca, be it 2011 or 2012,

however,

For me, there is no comparison, it would always be Cala D'or, for -

the lovely coves

upmarket restaurants, both at the Marina and Cala D'or

The scenary

The people

Local markets,

Boat trips

Cala D'or contains all you wish for a really beautiful holiday

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
423 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cala dor or cala millor?

We have visited both , cala millor has my vote everytime ..good restaurants , entertainment , beach and people ....sorry for those who like cala d or but it isnt a place we would return to :(

west midlands
Level Contributor
183 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cala dor or cala millor?

does all this prove that some people like one or the other

we are all different but deep down i would be happy to go to them both have a nice holiday

Edited: 04 November 2011, 19:56
Get answers to your questions about Cala d'Or
Recent Conversations