We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

restaurant and bars

Taunton, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
restaurant and bars

we are an early 30's couple staying at the hotel d'or in September and was just wondering what restaurant and bars were close by (10 minute stroll)?

Also which beach is better to head to Cala d'or or cala gran?

Cheers

Mark

westmids/calaegos
Destination Expert
for Cala d'Or
Level Contributor
1,350 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: restaurant and bars

Highly recommend Mama Mia's an Italian restaurant not far from the hotel- just by the taxi rank at your end of town. Also Vicente Which is just across the street from Mama Mia's does a good value 15 euro menu in the evenings- the suckling pig is good there. I like Tommys Bar near the mini golf- cheapest drinks in town and best sangria, footie if you want it otherwise a great place to sit and people- watch. On the marina Sancora is my favourite restaurant and The Smugglers Inn on the far side is my favourite bar. Would also recommend Barlovento restaurant in the centre of town. Try to avoid the places that try to drag you in off the street- they are invariably rubbish food! There are so many good places - these are just a few to get you started.

Edited: 02 June 2012, 18:36
Timbuktu, Mali
Level Contributor
861 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: restaurant and bars

10 minutes takes you to many bars / restauraunts in Cala d'or centre .

Cala Gran and Cala d.or beaches are pretty close to each other . Give them both a try . I prefer cala gran but not much to chose between them .

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Cala d'Or
Level Contributor
1,060 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: restaurant and bars

I would agree with Restaurante Vicente, lovely restaurant with goof food at

a fabulous price, especially if you try their lunch or dinner menu - you really cannot go wrong - enjoy.

Lancashire
Level Contributor
2,120 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: restaurant and bars

Agree with Makk, you really can't go wrong in the marina, Noa is a favourite of ours Asian, the new one on the corner at the enterence is getting rave reviews Porto Cari, will try it this week.

Am also hearing about a new Indian in town next to Woodys bar.

Taunton, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: restaurant and bars

Thanks guys great help. It saves me having to wander around blind in those first few days of my holiday before I get my bearings :-)

westmids/calaegos
Destination Expert
for Cala d'Or
Level Contributor
1,350 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: restaurant and bars

Yes 059Paul Noa is fabulous and I'm looking forward to trying the new menu. The new restaurant next to Botavara ( the old Porto Cari) is owned by Manolo who owns Sancora, Acuarius, Barlovento, Cafe Fernando and Aquamarina so it should be good - cant wait to try it.

Edited: 03 June 2012, 10:54
Lancashire
Level Contributor
2,120 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: restaurant and bars

Going to Porto Cari tonight so will report tommorow, the new menu in Noa is great a lot better than last year.

Lancashire
Level Contributor
2,120 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: restaurant and bars

Porto cari disappointing very very slow service, food average, price average, verdict try one of there other brands, this one has severe teething problems.

westmids/calaegos
Destination Expert
for Cala d'Or
Level Contributor
1,350 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: restaurant and bars

Thanks for that Paul - I'm sure Manolo will sort it out in time!

Lancashire
Level Contributor
2,120 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: restaurant and bars

Tried the new Indian last night brilliant, and very reasonable, only draw back is location next to Woodys and Dougans very noisy bars.

Get answers to your questions about Cala d'Or
Recent Conversations