We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
staffordshire
Level Contributor
191 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
sunday roast help please.

hi everyone, we arrive in cala dor in a couple of weeks on a sunday morning and we are staying at es ravells apartments. can you recomend a nice pub/ resteraunt for us to visit and enjoy a sunday roast, it has been a few years since my last visit and i cant realy remember many places also they have most likely closed or changed names now. i am thinking a sunday roast would cost about 8-10 euros each for a nice one. thanks for any advice/help.cheers dave.

Cala d'Or, Spain
Destination Expert
for Cala d'Or
Level Contributor
3,737 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sunday roast help please.

Hi,

The best IMO is Cala de Mar time share complex in Cala Egos with the Irish bistro close behind.

For years there has been nowhere to compete with Mollies Irish bistro but now Cala Mar is doing a lovely Sunday roast all day until 8 pm.

28SAC

staffordshire
Level Contributor
191 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sunday roast help please.

thanks 28SAC , is mollies bistro and cala mar near to where we are staying at the es ravells apartments, cheers dave,

Benidorm, Spain
Level Contributor
503 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sunday roast help please.

Sunday roast at mollies is fab not tried cala de mar but will give it a try next time we are in cala dor

Cala d'Or, Spain
Destination Expert
for Cala d'Or
Level Contributor
3,737 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: sunday roast help please.

Hi,

Both are in Cala Egos but well worth the walk or taxi ride.

We went to Mollies last night but all tables were fully booked all night from 7 pm, they do a Sunday roast on Wednesdays also,so just remember at busy times you need to book.

28SAC

Hartlepool, United...
Level Contributor
1,597 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: sunday roast help please.

Hi Staffordshire,

The prices of sunday roast are around €10.95 in cala de mar for a 2 course meal & around €12.50 for a sunday roast in mollies irish bistro, both are situated in the cala egos side of cala dor.

I agree with 28 SAC that cala de mar will take some beating & you can eat as much as you like with a very good choice of vegetables.

Lancashire
Level Contributor
2,286 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: sunday roast help please.

I still think Mollies edges it, but we are talking close!

Lancashire
Level Contributor
2,286 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: sunday roast help please.

You can make a day of it a CDM with the pool and other facility's, so a lot more to offer than just a good lunch, especially with kids in tow.

doncaster
Level Contributor
445 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: sunday roast help please.

cant beleave you people are so looking forward to sunday roasts,and another guy wanting the best chippy,for gods sake youve travelled over a 1000 miles to get to the great spanish island of majorca TRY THE LOCAL FOOD on that note can anyone recomend a good chineese

Cala d'Or, Spain
Destination Expert
for Cala d'Or
Level Contributor
3,737 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: sunday roast help please.

Hi Akker,

Each to there own.

You can only take so much food when it is cooked in a garlic based oil as it is mostly here.

A Sunday roast is a welcome break now and again just like a Chinese or Indian.

Those who know me will be having a good laugh as I am allergic to anything with Garlic or spice so my diet is very interesting! I was devastated when the

local chippy shut down last season.

Upon request though most of the good restaurants will cook what you want plain just on the grill if you prefer it that way.

Sa, Ancora in the Marina and Beatrix in Cala Egos being 2 of the best.

If you are coming here then I hope you enjoy it and only drink Spanish beer or coloured water as it is known locally.

28SAC

doncaster
Level Contributor
445 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: sunday roast help please.

only joking with you,as you say each to there own..

Get answers to your questions about Cala d'Or