We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are the beaches very crowded in June?

Which Cala d'Or hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Vilnius
Level Contributor
145 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Are the beaches very crowded in June?

I'm looking for self-catering vacation (with family) and like Cala Egos area.. but we are not only pool lovers, we prefer half of sunbathing time to spend by the sea. How crowded beaches usually are in the second week of June?

Cala d'Or, Spain
Destination Expert
for Cala d'Or
Level Contributor
3,604 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are the beaches very crowded in June?

Hi,

There are 2 coves in Cala Egos, the most popular is Cala Egos which gets very busy with the 2 hotels either side of it.

The Skorpios and the Corfu.

It's a beautiful cove but can be very busy.

Des Pou cove is a little bigger and has a good beachside bar.

This is never as crowded as Egos and will be quiet early June.

Just a 5 min taxi ride away is Cala Mondrago which is busy all year round but still worth a visit.

It's a much bigger bay with 2 beach areas and large beach restaurants and bars, toilets and pedalo's.

If you are not there by 10-30 you will have little chance of getting a sun bed even in June, they are very expensive anyway as there is lots of room to set out on the sand.

There are also several coves around the Cala D'or area that are also worth a visit.

28SAC

Cala d'Or, Spain
Level Contributor
4,246 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Are the beaches very crowded in June?

Agree with 28SAC about beaches. Second week in June should be fine as the main season is not really under way.

The main holiday season is July/Aug/Sept when we get the families. June is a lovely month and I would recommend Cala d'Or/Egos at this time of year.

Vilnius
Level Contributor
145 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Are the beaches very crowded in June?

Many thanks !!

Bucharest, Romania
Level Contributor
10 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Are the beaches very crowded in June?

Hi! In June in not a lot of people in beach. First beach - Barcelonetta - are a more tourists, but nearly there are another 3 beaches with a few people, In Marina port, very southeast, you can have surprise to be alone. Problem with June ( I was in Barcelona in all sesons) is the strong wind in morning, but after 12 A,M, is OK

Level Contributor
85 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Are the beaches very crowded in June?

We travelled on 3rd June for 2 weeks last year, it was packed most days, we went down about 11.30 and couldn't get a sun bed but if your there before 11 should be fine. You can walk between 3 beaches in about 15 mins and they are all very nice so just head down and see which is busiest!

Bucharest, Romania
Level Contributor
10 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Are the beaches very crowded in June?

Happy New Year my friends! Yes, T3my has right, till you are not therre, not go to the beach to see yourself, only you can do is to hope to be OK, including in your different assumptions our last experience. Dear travelers, if you have a fix schedule for trip you can search the prediction of weather and rank of solicitation for your destination, to have a minimum idea about this problem. But are many factors which can influence the tourism in this year, as economic crise in world and special in Greece or Spain, social movements, radical and faster changes of weather so on. I hope we can enjoy also in this year by sun, entertainment, beautiful experience in study other people culture, as always! Good year and good luck!

Edited: 13 January 2013, 08:15
Cala d'Or, Spain
Destination Expert
for Cala d'Or
Level Contributor
3,604 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Are the beaches very crowded in June?

Hi Eva,

Very interesting and different post,

We are talking about The Cala D'or area of Mallorca though and not Barcelona.

Happy New year to you

28SAC

Bucharest, Romania
Level Contributor
10 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Are the beaches very crowded in June?

Hi 28 SAC, Thank you for wishes! I am sorry for my mistake. Love so much Barcelona, than I see Barcelona everywhere. Any way, if you have time you could see also yhis magnificent city with its beautiful beaches! I like to visit Mallorca this June, when you are there maybe you will write a review! Thank ingyou for mesage, wishes and understanding, I wish you a good year with many trips and a very good time in Mallorca . My. best regards, E.C.

Cala d'Or, Spain
Destination Expert
for Cala d'Or
Level Contributor
3,604 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Are the beaches very crowded in June?

Hi,

I often visit Barcelona, in fact I am there in June for 2 days after a cruise so I will once again enjoy that amazing city.

I am sure that you would enjoy Mallorca if you can ever visit there.

28SAC

Bucharest, Romania
Level Contributor
10 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Are the beaches very crowded in June?

Hi!

You are very lucky, I will try follow you!

EvaChiser

Get answers to your questions about Cala d'Or