We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in june and tourist train

Glasgow, Scotland
Level Contributor
1,195 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in june and tourist train

Hi guys,

heading back to cala d'or from 10th june for 10 nights. Staying at club Marthas and understand this is actually about 20-30 mins walk from Cala D'or. Can anyone tell me if the tourist train runs near club marthas into cala D'Or, and if so how frequent, how late for return journey and what is the cost? can we buy family tickets or weekly tickets etc?

Also what is the weather likely to be like around this time.

One last thing, how much of a walk is it to Cala egos and does the train run there?

Phew!! think thats about everything..lol

Cheers guys

Jay

Hartlepool, United...
Level Contributor
1,551 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in june and tourist train

Hi Hammerman,

From club Martha's it will take you 30 seconds to walk to cala egos main street, it will take approx 30 mins to walk to cala dor centre via the marina, not sure regarding the wolly trolley but paul 059 might be able to help on that one

Lancashire
Level Contributor
2,132 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in june and tourist train

No afraid cant help on the Wally Trolly, think Crazy Pom is probably the best bet.

Cala d'Or, Spain
Level Contributor
4,246 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in june and tourist train

hammerman, the tourist train stops after around 8pm but taxis are plentiful and cheap especially if there are a few of you in the group. I don't think you can buy a weekly ticket.

Weather in June - Perfect (my favourite month)

Cala d'Or, Spain
Destination Expert
for Cala d'Or
Level Contributor
3,637 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in june and tourist train

Hi,

The Train stops about a 100 Mts from Martha's front doors,

You can only buy return tickets and they work out a lot more expensive than a taxi if there are more than 2 of you.

I did go on it with my Grandson last year and it was €3 each one way but a Taxi is only €5 from Egos to Cala d 'or or the Marina.

The train is more of a novelty for the kids and Paul059, if you do go on it then look out for him on his terrace as he writes the train number down every time it passes in his little red book.

I am sure you will love Martha's, it is a well run complex.

28SAC

Lancashire
Level Contributor
2,132 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in june and tourist train

I actually did laugh out loud at that one.

Glasgow, Scotland
Level Contributor
1,195 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather in june and tourist train

so is that €6 return each? cos if thats correct that would be €24 return for me my wife, daughter and grandson....thats pretty expensive!!

Might do it once or twice for the grandson but cabs sound the best option.

Can you tell me if its a requirement for child seats for a 2 year old in Majorca in cars?

Glasgow, Scotland
Level Contributor
1,195 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather in june and tourist train

come to think of it, will we be alright on our shuttle transfer with a 2 year old?

Cala d'Or, Spain
Destination Expert
for Cala d'Or
Level Contributor
3,637 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather in june and tourist train

Yes as I said its not really a viable way to get around but more a bit of fun and a chance to see different places at a slow pace.

You can just buy a one way ticket but it still works our dear.

You will have to check with your shuttle operator with regard to the child seats.

28SAC

hull
Level Contributor
90 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather in june and tourist train

hi hammerman i go to cala dor on the 14th june 4 days after you and i'm interested to see what the weathers like day and evening ie if we need a cardigan on a night did you happen to find out???

Hampshire England
Level Contributor
5,728 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Weather in june and tourist train

It'll be unlikely that you'll need a cardi on a June evening.

Unless you're an Eskimo :-)

Get answers to your questions about Cala d'Or
Recent Conversations