We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tapas bars.

Which Cala d'Or hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
newcastle
Level Contributor
58 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Tapas bars.

Hi, We are staying in the Rocomarina hotel begining of august, is there many tapas bars around and about. thanks

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
118 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tapas bars.

There are some tapas bars near to your hotel in the Cala Egos area but my favourites are Meson Tipico in Cala D'or centre by the main square and Es Bergant in Porto Petro, particularly for their seafood tapas.

Cala d'Or, Spain
Level Contributor
4,244 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tapas bars.

Are you looking for authentic Mallorcan tapas or the cheap microwave/deep fried stuff that most so called tapas restaurants serve?

Hartlepool, United...
Level Contributor
1,526 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tapas bars.

there is a decent one near the rocamarina called taberna murciana,its very popular with the spanish & ex pats.

Glasgow, Scotland
Level Contributor
1,189 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tapas bars.

Lol...is that a trick question crazypom?

Cala d'Or, Spain
Level Contributor
4,244 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tapas bars.

Not a trick question hammerman, not many places do genuine tapas in the tourist spots. Most do a Nandos type experience, deep fried chicken wings etc.which appeals to some people but can't be described as authentic.

Es Bergant in Potopetro is very pleasant and as DJP mentions Meson Tipico in the square is good. Head inland for the real deal or better still Palma where there are some really good places off the tourist trail.

westmids/calaegos
Destination Expert
for Cala d'Or
Level Contributor
1,326 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tapas bars.

Try Es Clos in the village of S'alqueria Blanca about 3miles from Cala Dor . Lovely food in a truly beautiful setting. Tapas are genuinely Mallorquian and delicious. Not too expensive either when you consider the location and ambience. Recommended .

Nairn, Scotland
Level Contributor
993 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tapas bars.

Crazypom and Makk 28

We aren't planning hiring a car as like the vino too much on holiday. Would it be worth getting a taxi to Es Clos as it sounds like the type of place I would like to visit. Gone on occasion to some small villages only to discover we arrived at siesta time or just not open. So knowing the best time of day to visit would be great. We are over second week in April

Liz

westmids/calaegos
Destination Expert
for Cala d'Or
Level Contributor
1,326 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tapas bars.

Restaurant_Es_Clos_Tapitas-S_Alqueria_Blanca_Majorca_Balearic_Islands.html

See link for some pictures. When I was there a couple of weeks ago there was a notice saying it was closed for holidays for 4 weeks, until mid-April if I remember correctly. Other than that open for lunch and dinner 7 days. It is definitely worth a taxi journey- probably about 10 euros each way.

Edited: 10 March 2013, 14:17
westmids/calaegos
Destination Expert
for Cala d'Or
Level Contributor
1,326 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tapas bars.

Alternatively you could try Sa Placa in the same village of Alqueria Blanca -really very good .

tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g1068079…

westmids/calaegos
Destination Expert
for Cala d'Or
Level Contributor
1,326 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tapas bars.

I nearly forgot to mention Cella C'as Brau in Cala Dor, opposite the Cala Gran Apartments near Cala Gran Beach. Run by a Mallorquian couple and serves authentic Mallorquian food and great tapas, and you don't have to hire a taxi!