We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking Cala D'or to Cala Mondrago

South Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
124 posts
Save Topic
Walking Cala D'or to Cala Mondrago

I've read people saying they have walked between the two but I can't find any details of the actual route. Can someone tell me where the route starts please.

westmids/calaegos
Destination Expert
for Cala d'Or
Level Contributor
1,353 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walking Cala D'or to Cala Mondrago

Cala Dor to Cals Egos, then from there to Pirto Petro and then to Mondrago. Quite a walk ....will take you about an hour and a half at least. Wouldn't fancy it in the heat of summer.

South Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
124 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Walking Cala D'or to Cala Mondrago

Thanks. We are going in May so will have to see how hot it gets. Is the walk on tarmac roads or is there a coastal path?

lincoln
Level Contributor
764 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Walking Cala D'or to Cala Mondrago

There isn't one way but a number of different ways you can go - the most direct is probably on the road following the way the bus goes but there are paths between the small coves and developments between Porto Petro and Mondrago which probably take longer but are far more interesting. If you are staying in Cala dor then just follow the quickest route on the local map to Porto Petro. From Cala Egos there are at least two routes depending on where you are staying. If you only intend to walk one way I would get the bus there and walk back as you will probably find it easier to find the way.

Edited: 12 April 2013, 19:14
South Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
124 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Walking Cala D'or to Cala Mondrago

Thank you so much, that is exactly what I wanted to know.

lincoln
Level Contributor
764 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Walking Cala D'or to Cala Mondrago

If you look on Google maps and zoom in close you can see the little roads but some are deceptive and are not all through roads - the green part is the nature reserve and you can get through from Mondrago there onto the road to Barca Trencada in the Porto Petro direction.In the other direction beyond the beach you can follow the marked paths round the cliff( good views) and come back down near the stream you can see on the map or continue through to Cala Figuera - in this direction the paths were quite well marked when we were there 2 years ago.There is also at least one marked trail that goes round the edge of the nature reserve inland.

South Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
124 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Walking Cala D'or to Cala Mondrago

Thanks again. I had tried Google maps but because I couldn't pick out a clear path I asked the question. Your reply has helped a lot. Thank again

Hartlepool, United...
Level Contributor
1,559 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Walking Cala D'or to Cala Mondrago

If you post the name of your hotel we could plan a route for you

South Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
124 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Walking Cala D'or to Cala Mondrago

That would be great , thank you. We are staying at the El Peurto 1 apartments. They are close to the marina so a route from there will be fine.

9. Re: Walking Cala D'or to Cala Mondrago

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 April 2014, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Cala d'Or