We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jet2 Questions

Nairn, Scotland
Level Contributor
998 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Jet2 Questions

Using Jet2 for the first time in August and travelling hand luggage only.

1. Do they load the plane by seat order. You know when they announce rows 15 through to 30 and then 1 to 29 sort to thing or is it a join the queue and board in any order. First in queue, first on.

2. Do they allow one standard size carrier bag of goods bought airside (like easyjet does)

Thanks for any info

Vita Bel II
Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing, Boat Tours, Water Sports, Sightseeing Tours
Cala d'Or, Spain
Destination Expert
for Cala d'Or
Level Contributor
3,702 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jet2 Questions

Hi Liz

You may be better asking this in the Airline Forum

28SAC

newcastle/england
Level Contributor
1,476 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jet2 Questions

Unless you are travelling with an infant or someone elderly why does it matter ? Everyone leaves at the same time...and in answer to question 2...Yes.

uk
Level Contributor
1,885 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jet2 Questions

sometimes ive heard them load the plane by rows, sometimes everyone just queues up. Guess its down to how they do it on the day I suppose. I tend to think being first on isn't necessarily that great because you then have to wait half an hour or more whilst everyone else gets on. I always prefer to get on near towards the end. You get a chair no matter what so I don't worry. If youre really concerned then prebook your seat, that way it doesn't matter when you get on the plane.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Treasure Island, Orlando
Level Contributor
5,939 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jet2 Questions

Your boarded by row numbers.always had good service with them, flew with them this month,the overhead space isn't much, so be prepared to squeeze in , but generally can't fault them

Nairn, Scotland
Level Contributor
998 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jet2 Questions

Thanks for all the replies. The most important one was re being able to carry on some purchases from the airport shops

We are travelling handluggage only (not because I am too mean to pay for luggage - just too impatient to wait to collect it.) If you get on the plane last the chances are you won't be able to have your luggage directly overhead and I feel we are the only ones that know how to load the overhead lockers properly!!!

Also I have read on another forum where passengers have had valuables removed from their bags when they have been at the other end of the plane from where they were sitting. I know it's hard to believe.!

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
503 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jet2 Questions

Hi, We have used Jet2 lots of times and have been boarded both first come first served and by seat numbers.We always pre book our seats as we preffare aisle seats due to dodgy knees!.When they use the seat number method of boarding then its usually rows 1-12 and 28-40,We usually pre book seats towards the rear and try and get on early because as you rightly say people just shove their hand luggage in any old how and if boarding late you struggle to get your case in above you.Suggest pre book either front or back and get to boarding gate early to be sure. Garry

Nairn, Scotland
Level Contributor
998 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jet2 Questions

Hi Garry

That's great to know. We have already pre-booked seats in row 6 and I will make sure I am at the boarding gate early.

Liz

North Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
2,320 posts
387 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Jet2 Questions

On our flight last week Jet2 made announcements that only one bag per person would be allowed onto the aircraft and that had to include handbags and duty free but having said that they didn't seem too strict about enforcing it. I went on with 2 knowing one would easily fit in the other if challenged. It just saves arsing about getting your ipad and water and money out when you get on or after you have set off.

Nairn, Scotland
Level Contributor
998 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Jet2 Questions

Thanks Jean

I think I will squeeze everything in the case and wear a jacket with pockets to put a bottle of water and my kindle in. We have booked the meal so I don't need to take on food. I wish they would all sing from the same hymn sheet. Feels like I have to go on an assault course before I arrive at my destination. Always worth it though!

North Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
2,320 posts
387 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Jet2 Questions

I know what you mean but sometimes it is better to toe the line than get all het up. At Leeds Bradford airport there is a huge ryanair sign in the departure lounge that says you can take one duty free shopping bag on the plane also but this news doesn't actually seem to have filtered down to the staff. Useless articles. Jet2 are good though. They currently are doing 20% off all perfumes and cosmetics and have some lovely choices.

Get answers to your questions about Cala d'Or
Recent Conversations