We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prices of drinks and nice apartments to stay

Which Cala d'Or hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cornwall
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Prices of drinks and nice apartments to stay

Hi. We visited Cala D'Or Esmeralda Park resort last year in September and really enjoyed ourselves. It far exceeded our expections, hence why we've booked to go again at the end of August this year.

Just a couple of questions if thats ok. Have the price of drinks gone up since last year, bearing in mind the recession?

Secondly, we stayed in apartment block O last year and it was really lovely, overlooking the beach. Although we would have no hesitation in staying in that block again, are there any other apartments with nice sea views nearby? We had a superior apartment last year and have booked the same again. We just thought perhaps of having a different view this time. Many thanks.

We're so looking forward to coming again as in Cornwall where we live, we have seen nothing but cold, rain, wind, and horrid weather. Will summer ever get to the UK?

Thanks again.

Lesley

Blackburn, England...
Level Contributor
10 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Prices of drinks and nice apartments to stay

Don't know it they have "gone up" much, but I can say drinks in the bars are not in-expensive. cost slightly more than the UK, and significantly more for UK brands. Guinness 5.50 for example.

We were AI and at out only once, £40 for 1 steak 1 pizza and 2 cokes. Expensive but delicious and the view from the restaurant balcony in Galilea was amazing .

Level Contributor
29 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Prices of drinks and nice apartments to stay

The drinks, although not cheap are becoming competitive due to the economy. I think the previous contributor must have had some bad advice because again, restaurant prices in town and on the marina are also competitive (although granted, you pay one or two euros more on the marina). Have a look around at the set menus which generally differ most nights and the variety of food available. Enjoy!

Hartlepool, United...
Level Contributor
1,493 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Prices of drinks and nice apartments to stay

I think the drinks are cheaper in cala dor than the u.k, Lindley's bar in cala dor opposite the crazy golf charges €3 for a pint of fosters, San Miguel etc, I think the Guinness is also €3 but not certain.

2 bottles of bud, corona or WKD for €5

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
83 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Prices of drinks and nice apartments to stay

I Definatly found it cheaper this year, a meal out for three of us with wine, etc last year was around 80 € this year it was nearer 60€

Benidorm, Spain
Level Contributor
484 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Prices of drinks and nice apartments to stay

we have just come back plenty of bars with 2-75 3 euros beers and also a few good deals on food

Blackburn, England...
Level Contributor
10 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Prices of drinks and nice apartments to stay

I have no doubt you can "find" cheap beer, food in Cala D'or, but being AI really was no need. When we went out we picked the most appropriate bar at the time, "live music", best view, best looking menu etc.. on this basis prices as I say not in-expensive. I do not begrudge paying for what I want. I am on holiday and I do what I want, so pay accordingly. The days of inexpensive Spain are well and truly over!

Cornwall
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Prices of drinks and nice apartments to stay

Following on from my topic, could anyone please recommend somewhere nice to go for a lunch. Maybe nice views too. Many thanks.

Has anyone stayed at Esmeralda Park Hotel/apartments before?

Thank you

8. Re: Prices of drinks and nice apartments to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2014, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Cala d'Or