We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant in Cala d'Or for birthday meal

London
Level Contributor
32 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant in Cala d'Or for birthday meal

Hello I received great advice when choosing my hotel so I am back again looking for a restaurant recommendation please. We will be staying self catering at the Inturotel Cala Azul Park and during our holiday it will be my partner's birthday and hoping someone can point me in the right direction of a restaurant that is a little more special than the norm, perhaps with a good view or nice setting? Happy to take a taxi if needed. It will be a Monday night if that makes any difference. No set budget in mind. Recommendations for a nice cocktail bar would be welcome too.

Thanks in advance!

Mentioned in this post
Inturotel Cala Azul Park
Inturotel Cala Azul Park
1,086 Reviews
Majorca, Spain
Timbuktu, Mali
Level Contributor
861 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant in Cala d'Or for birthday meal

Just head for the Marina . Lovely views and very good restaurants . Acuarius is good but all seem pretty much the same . Have a drink at the Quarterdeck bar before meal and then go to either the Jolly Roger or the Port Pub . Taxi 6 euros from Cala Ferrera area .

Mentioned in this post
Jolly Roger
Jolly Roger
162 Reviews
Majorca, Spain
The Port Pub
The Port Pub
Majorca, Spain
Cala Ferrera
Cala Ferrera
Majorca, Spain
westmids/calaegos
Destination Expert
for Cala d'Or
Level Contributor
1,391 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant in Cala d'Or for birthday meal

Acurius or Sancora on the Cala Dor side of the Marina...both under the same ownership. If you stay in town then I would recommend Can Trompe...traditional Mallorquian restaurant in great location in the centre of town. Do make sure you book a table in all of these restaurants as they are popular. Ask for a waterside table if you choose the marins options.

Edited: 13 July 2013, 19:14
westmids/calaegos
Destination Expert
for Cala d'Or
Level Contributor
1,391 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant in Cala d'Or for birthday meal

Nearly forgot. ..Noa on the marina is fabulous for a celebration. A little more expensive but the food is outstanding. Its Thai Chinese and Japanese. I just love the sea bream with thai spices and coconut baked in a banana leaf -truly delicious.

Lancashire
Level Contributor
2,422 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant in Cala d'Or for birthday meal

A 2nd for Noa

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
91 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant in Cala d'Or for birthday meal

Cocktails at fowlers hotel or at the yacht club and then either dinner at Noa's or the yacht club. All the other places on the marina (and also barlovento, etc serve the same food.)

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
91 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant in Cala d'Or for birthday meal

Cocktails at fowlers hotel or at the yacht club and then either dinner at Noa's or the yacht club. All the other places on the marina (and also barlovento, etc serve the same food.). There is also la Cascina in Calonge, sooo lovely and romantic but expensive. Quick taxi ride there.

Mentioned in this post
Calonge
Calonge
Majorca, Spain
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant in Cala d'Or for birthday meal

We had an amazing meal here, tho we waited an hour to be served our food....worth waiting for. Pricey, but hey, you're on your holidays!

London
Level Contributor
32 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurant in Cala d'Or for birthday meal

Thanks for all the replies, the marina sounds perfect for this particular evening and as we are going self catering and will be eating out every night that's given me plenty more options to explore for the week. Thank you!

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
92 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurant in Cala d'Or for birthday meal

And where might that be? :-) in reply tp ferybabe?

Edited: 21 July 2013, 22:45
10. Re: Restaurant in Cala d'Or for birthday meal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 July 2014, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Cala d'Or
Recent Conversations