We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting worried I might not have accommodation

south east england
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Getting worried I might not have accommodation

I am supposed to be going to cala egos marina d'or 11 on Sunday but I haven't had any contact from the owner of the apartment for a couple of months and he hasn't sent all the information. I booked via owners direct but he is ignoring my calls and emails. If we turn up at the apartment to find we can't get in does anybody know if we would be able to get accommodation when we are there .i know it's a very busy time of year so I am afraid of getting there with the family and having nowhere to go. Any advice would be much appreciated .

Vita Bel
Boat Tours, Water Sports, Night Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours
Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
1,417 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting worried I might not have accommodation

Saying you`re leaving this rather late isn`t helping,so...

Have you called the website owners direct and asked for help?

I would. Ultimately they have a responsibility and interest in property owners who use their facility delivering on bookings.

If you can`t get any answers by phoning the owners then I`d say going via owners direct is the best you can do in such a short timescale.

Have they taken a deposit? Have you got an arrangement to meet them to get a key?

I don`t know what you`ve done apart from email and phone,but I wouldn`t have left this uncertainty until this late.

I hope you get answers and your holiday goes ahead.

Obviously if you travel and find no joy you`re in a big pickle as you`ll have nowhere to stay and no guarantee of finding anywhere.

Good luck.

Edited: 22 August 2013, 19:41
Cala d'Or, Spain
Level Contributor
4,269 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting worried I might not have accommodation

This sounds very worrying, you should speak with Owners Direct immediately.

I very much hope you get the accommodation you have booked.

south east england
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting worried I might not have accommodation

Thanks for taking the time to reply, the panic is now over I have just had a nice long chat with the owner who has put my mind at rest. He apologised and said he had been very busy but sounded very genuine fingers crossed.

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
350 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting worried I might not have accommodation

To establish whether the host is ignoring you or whether there is some other problem, you could try "enquiring about availability" as another person or try phoning them from a phone whose number is not known to the host, but as the above poster has said, we are a bit late in the day starting out on a Sherlock Holmes type enquiry.

Owners Direct Customer Services can be called on 020 8827 1998 - if you haven't already contacted them, that would be #1 on my Friday list of things to do.

Good luck and I hope it all turns out well.

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
350 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting worried I might not have accommodation

Ha, your "good news" beats my "good advice" by 60 seconds.

A positive outcome is all that matters!

6. Re: Getting worried I might not have accommodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Cala d'Or