We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travelling around Majorca

Which Cala d'Or hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
travelling around Majorca

We have a 11 night holiday booked for 24th May to 4th June, at Prinsotel Alba. Cala D'or sounds great for us and our 11 and 8 year old girls. Apart from enjoying pool, beach, marina etc, we would like to visit other places like waterparks, marineland, Pirates Adventure show, Coves del drac etc. We don't want to have a hire car, so wondered what the public transport was like. It is easy to get around and reasonably priced? Is it far from Cala d'or to Palma? Do hotels normally organise trips including coach travel, or not? This is our first holiday abroad so please excuse the novice questions! thanks

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travelling around Majorca

Personally I think Cala d'Or is too far out to consider using public transport for the attractions you mention. I would be tempted to use the organised excursions.Usually those marketed by the agencies in the resort are better value than the ones pushed by the tour reps at Welcome Meetings. Cala d'Or is a good hour's drive from Palma City.Longer on a bus. I would add the cost of excursions to your holiday budget.

lincoln
Level Contributor
695 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: travelling around Majorca

Caves of Drach is fine to do on public buses from cala D'or - as the bus stops right there , I think the Palma bus does stop near the waterpark at Arenal but its quite a long trip , however Marine land and the Palma Nova waterpark are the other side of Palma so too much of a hassle with kiddies- if you don't want to drive you need one of the organised trips, shop around the agencies you might get an offer .

Cala d'Or, Spain
Level Contributor
4,246 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: travelling around Majorca

There are organised trips to all of the attractions you have mentioned from Cala d'Or.

These can be organised via several agents in the town or no doubt your hotel or holiday rep will be able to do the same without you having to rely on public transport.

Enjoy your trip to Cala d'Or

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: travelling around Majorca

that's great, thanks for your replies. The organised trips would be great, save the hassle a bit! They are very keen to go to a waterpark so will definitely fit that in. We really wanted to stay at cala d'or as it is so good for families and I stayed there when I was my daughter's age!!!

5. Re: travelling around Majorca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 January 2015, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Cala d'Or