We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bars and football bars Cala d'or

Which Cala d'Or hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Topic
Bars and football bars Cala d'or

Hi any help much appreciated! i am staying in the Barceló Ponent Playa in june and was just wondering if there was plenty of bars around this area..and especially for the football world cup? Also do any stay open after midnight?

Cala d'Or, Spain
Destination Expert
for Cala d'Or
Level Contributor
3,458 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bars and football bars Cala d'or

Hi,

Plenty of bars in walking distance to you,

The nearest for the football is the Carabel but better for the Brits will be Walshies and the Hollywood bars, just a five min walk towards town.

For our late kick offs they will only have the screens inside, if you fancy a walk into town for a better atmosphere then head for Linleys bar.

I will be in Bogarts in Cala Egos cheering us on, or drowning our sorrows as usual.

28SAC

Hartlepool, United...
Level Contributor
1,491 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bars and football bars Cala d'or

I've not used Walshies or the Hollywood bar,but must agree with 28SAC that Lindley's will have a great atmosphere for the world cup.

Lancashire
Level Contributor
2,009 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bars and football bars Cala d'or

Another vote for Lindleys from me the is also a great little bar on the marina called the Quarter Deck mid level Cala Dor side.

Timbuktu, Mali
Level Contributor
861 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bars and football bars Cala d'or

Yes plenty of bars in Cala Ferrera . Don't know whether Felipe will let football interrupt his karaoke ; ) in the Carabel . The Hollywood bar , on the way into town , should be good . Lindleys and the Quarterdeck are good bars but not that near to the Ponent playa . Plenty of cafe/ restaurants on Cala Ferrera strip will have the football on . Enjoy your stay .

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
345 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bars and football bars Cala d'or

Don't forget at the Carabel, the happy hour is a massive FOUR hours, 8pm-midnight, if the last few years are anything to go by, so you won't even remember the debacle of the previous nights England performance when you wake up the next morning.

Maybe Felipe's usual nightly performance will be the half time entertainment?

We're possibly thinking of a few days in Cala d'Or in June, coinciding with England's second match.

Cala d'Or, Spain
Destination Expert
for Cala d'Or
Level Contributor
3,458 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bars and football bars Cala d'or

Hi Paul059,

I enjoy watching the games at the Quarterdeck but I think I will be going to Linleys for the second game on the

19th at 9 pm.

Shrek usually puts some free food on if you go and watch the games so I should think he will be doing something for the World Cup games.

Hopefully there will be a good crowd, we have been in Cala d,or for the last 3 world cups and the place was always busy with many nationalities flying their flags.

Be good if some of the regulars on here could make it for some of the games.

28SAC

Hartlepool, United...
Level Contributor
1,491 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bars and football bars Cala d'or

Hi SAC,

Looking for flights to fly out on 14th, I think Lindley's will have a great atmosphere for the World Cup.

Lancashire
Level Contributor
741 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bars and football bars Cala d'or

Sounds a good idea for the 2nd game. May have a look at flights myself to pop over for a few days.

Be nice to see Luis Suarez repay the FA for the way he's been treated. Especially if JT of all people manages to get back in the squad !!!

Lancashire
Level Contributor
2,009 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bars and football bars Cala d'or

Hi Steve

We are out from Fri the 9th to Sun the 18th of June so will catch up with you, we watched the Last final in KOs in Cala Egos great night when Spain won.

Cala d'Or, Spain
Destination Expert
for Cala d'Or
Level Contributor
3,458 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bars and football bars Cala d'or

You better check your flight papers as those dates do not match the days.

Last time I watched the football with you at Linleys it took me 3 days to recover.

Ready for another try though,

28SAC

Get answers to your questions about Cala d'Or