We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Main Eroski supermarket- Taxi Rank?

lincoln
Level Contributor
768 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Main Eroski supermarket- Taxi Rank?

Staying in a villa this time but as its pretty central we would prefer not to have a hire car.I know there are local shops which we will use for daily shopping but there are 11 of us and need to buy nappies and baby milk for 2 and various other bulky items (mostly alcohol related) . Is there a taxi rank near the big Eroski supermarket at the back of town that we can use to transport shopping back.

Hartlepool, United...
Level Contributor
1,590 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Main Eroski supermarket- Taxi Rank?

If you are central,why not walk up to eroski & ask at the cafe if they can call you a taxi

Level Contributor
53 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Main Eroski supermarket- Taxi Rank?

This is a great question. We are going sc but we are staying between the centre and cala fererra. From what I've gathered I'm sure I read that the land train stops at the eroski but I'm not 100%. If anyone can advise further it would be greatly appreciated : -)

Lancashire
Level Contributor
916 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Main Eroski supermarket- Taxi Rank?

The land train may be a cheaper option if your'e shopping alone but if there's a few of you taxi is more economical and far more convenient !!

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Main Eroski supermarket- Taxi Rank?

I can't speak for the Eroski in Cala d'Or.However at the large Eroski next to the petrol station in Pto Pollensa (not the small one nearer the bus station) they are well used to shoppers as they pay their bill at the checkout request them to order a taxi. I assume Cala d'Or is the same.

lincoln
Level Contributor
768 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Main Eroski supermarket- Taxi Rank?

Thanks for your replies, we will easily be able to walk up to the supermarket but from previous experience on these holidays we have filled the boot of the hire car so I think the land train although it comes quite close to where we are staying would only be practical for small shops and I intend to use the local shops for this so asking the cafe to ring for a taxi seems to be the best idea .

cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
68 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Main Eroski supermarket- Taxi Rank?

Hi just wondering is this supermarket near r walking distance to the cala d’Or Playa apartment and if so how long walk? Thanks

Cala d'Or, Spain
Destination Expert
for Cala d'Or
Level Contributor
3,730 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Main Eroski supermarket- Taxi Rank?

Hi,

15 min walk at the most.

Dead easy to get there from the Playa,

Both places are shown on this map

http://www.caladorscene.com/map.html

28SAC

cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
68 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Main Eroski supermarket- Taxi Rank?

Thanks so much for the quick reply, u seem to b a cala d’or expert :-) so looking forward to our first in june,

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
88 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Main Eroski supermarket- Taxi Rank?

Last year was the first time we didn't hire a car and I was worried about the big water bottles, etc but in the end we just shopped differently and went to the little shops near the apartment rather than the big one in town on the first day. Helps to break the shopping up.

Level Contributor
29 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Main Eroski supermarket- Taxi Rank?

We go to cala dor about 6 times a year (last time a week ago) and always stock up at the beginning of the holiday at the main Eroski in town. We always walk and then ask the checkout operator to call us a taxi, which they willingly do.

Get answers to your questions about Cala d'Or
Recent Conversations