We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Caves of Drach

Which Cala d'Or hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Northampton uk
Level Contributor
124 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Caves of Drach

Hi

Can anyone tell me how far the caves of Drach are from the Barcelo Ponent Playa Hotel on a day trip, also I believe there are other caves nearby, is a day trip to both a good idea or is it better to just to go to one.

Also are there boat trips that do full day sailings round parts of the island from cala D'or, if so would I be better to pick them up from the harbour ( how far is the harbour?) or can you recommend a good place to book them near the hotel

Thank you for any help and advise, I go on Tuesday

Tricia

Cala d'Or, Spain
Destination Expert
for Cala d'Or
Level Contributor
3,603 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Caves of Drach

Hi,

The caves are about 30 to 35 minutes drive away.

Plenty of organised trips from Cala D,or several times a week in season, only drawback is you will also be taken to either a wine or Liqueur tasting place to entice you to buy or the Blanket factory is another favorite.

There are only local boat trips available from the Marina that is a 30 min walk for you.

However you can also board these boats right outside your hotel,

There are plenty of leaflets in reception and also the information signs for the Starfish boats are at the side of the beach on the hotels lower ground floor.

You can buy tickets of the girls by the signs or just pay as you get on the boat, Cala Figuera trip is really nice as it will call into Mondrago bay on the way back for around 20 mins and let you use the slides on the back of the boat for a swim.

28SAC

Northampton uk
Level Contributor
124 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Caves of Drach

Hi,

Thank you for that it is really helpful, I know that when ever I do a trip they have to take you somewhere to show you, carpets, paintings, jewellery ect as they say it is how they subsidise the trips so I just take it as part of the trip.

The boat trip sounds good and I am glad I can book it near the hotel, although no doubt I will have a wander to the marina.

The Cala Figuera sounds good but as a pensioner i don't think I will be using the slides haha.

Thanks again

Tricia

Cala d'Or, Spain
Destination Expert
for Cala d'Or
Level Contributor
3,603 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Caves of Drach

Hey Tricia,

don,t let all the youngsters have all the fun get on those slides.

28SAC

Majorca
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Caves of Drach

hey

If you like caves check out Experience-mallorca they offer a cave tour that you swim into it is as good as the caves of drac and they pick you up from the hotel and bring you back. The cost is 55 euros and includes everything you ill need maybe this is a good way to see the coast and the caves with everything take care of :)

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
39 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Caves of Drach

When I went we just got a bus that went directly there from cala d'or, only cost a few euros. It was very busy though.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
64 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Caves of Drach

That's sounds great that you can get a bus to the Caves have you got anymore details where you get the bus from and what number?

Cala d'Or, Spain
Destination Expert
for Cala d'Or
Level Contributor
3,603 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Caves of Drach

You need the L448 from any of the main bus stops in CD AT €12 return fare.

In a car the journey would be under 30 minutes but this bus stops at every town and village up the East coast all the way to Pollensa so expect to the caves would take about an hour. Nice to see all the different coves on the way though.

28SAC

8. Re: Caves of Drach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 May 2015, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Cala d'Or