We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cocktail bars

Which Cala d'Or hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bangor, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Cocktail bars

Can anyone recommend a good cocktail bar in cala egos or cala dor please

Regards

Jim

westmids/calaegos
Destination Expert
for Cala d'Or
Level Contributor
1,314 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cocktail bars

Best cocktails are made by Tony at Smugglers Inn on the Cala Egos side of the marina. Tony uses the best ingredients and his Mohitos are amazing. He does a really wicked one called a Watermelon...ones not enough and two is probably too many. He's also one of the friendliest bar owners in the area. Read the reviews on this site.

Edited: 18 May 2014, 23:38
Bangor, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cocktail bars

Hi

Thank you. We will certainly give it a try.

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
345 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cocktail bars

I tried a Smugglers mojito based on your post above Makk, a couple of weeks ago. I have to say I was a bit disappointed. I know there are different recipes and different ways to present a mojito, but thought the whole sprig of mint dangling over the side and the large ice cubes were a bit odd. Plus no bruising of the mint leaves?

I had a few different mojitos in the few days we were in Cala d'Or, and had good ones at that really large cocktail bar, can't remember the name, and also Supertramps.

The best one I had however was at a place that we had previously always walked past but wondered what it was like: Coco Lounge bar and restaurant in Cala Ferrera. Trendy place, ambient sounds and the best mojito I have had anywhere. Plus the frozen strawberry daiquiri that my wife had was also bang on the money. Talking of which these cocktails were under 6 Euros as well.

westmids/calaegos
Destination Expert
for Cala d'Or
Level Contributor
1,314 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cocktail bars

Sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your monitor at Smugglers IanM...guess it's all down to personal taste. I don't know the cocktail bar you recommend in Cala Ferrera as I don't often go that side of the resort. However next time I'm in that area I will check it out.

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
345 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cocktail bars

Haha, of course, all down to personal taste. Perhaps disappointed was too harsh a word, we're staying practically in the marina in September so no doubt we'll be back there, it's such a great bar and location.

3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Cocktail bars

the papaya bar in cal a ferrera is the best in the area. allesandro the waiter is smashing.

Glasgow, Scotland
Level Contributor
69 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cocktail bars

We were going to try smugglers but everytime we walked past it was closed :(

Cala d'Or, Spain
Destination Expert
for Cala d'Or
Level Contributor
3,392 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cocktail bars

Hi,

I presume you walked past in the afternoon as Tony opens up early evening till very late, early morning and is constantly busy. Well worth sitting on the waterside terrace with a cool beer especially if it is bought by Crazypom.

Came out of there late on Tuesday after a few cold beers, it has got fairly busy all along the Egos side of the Marina now with a few new places opening.

28SAC

Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Cocktail bars

I would try cheeki tiki , great cocktails and reasonable prices..

Grimsby, United...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cocktail bars

Pub Daniel at Cala Egos was good. We went last week and really enjoyed the drinks.

Get answers to your questions about Cala d'Or