We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kettles - Hotel Rocamarina

Chatham, United...
Level Contributor
98 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Kettles - Hotel Rocamarina

Read one review which said they had taken a travel kettle (as we do) but info pack in room said they couldnt use it. I know they have kettles in superior rooms and I understand safety regs etc but am sure people also use travel irons so why not kettles? Any other guests knowledge of this welcome. Thanks, Tony

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kettles - Hotel Rocamarina

We have been going to the Rocamarina for a number of years now and I can confirm that the hotel information sheet does say that you are not allowed to use your own kettle and I do believe that it is enforced if you are found to be using it. I think the legal justification is the unauthorised use of electricity. Last year we hired a kettle with a daily supply of coffee tea and milk from the hotel. Not sure of the exact cost but I think it was about 42 euros for 14 days.

London, England
Level Contributor
8,411 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kettles - Hotel Rocamarina

How strange. We have just stayed in a hotel in Crete and took a travel kettle. No problem. If I was staying at this hotel I would take it anyway. You can always put it in your case whilst not in use. I think €42 is a lot to pay for the use of a kettle, especially as mine only cost £9.99.

S.Wales, United...
Level Contributor
99 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Kettles - Hotel Rocamarina

Hi stayed here two years ago, and they were stating the same thing then. But we took our own and as someone else said, just hid it and the mugs etc away in cupboard till needed and had no problems then.

Jeanette

S.Wales, United...
Level Contributor
99 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Kettles - Hotel Rocamarina

Hi stayed here two years ago, and they were stating the same thing then. But we took our own and as someone else said, just hid it and the mugs etc away in cupboard till needed and had no problems then.

Jeanette

Chatham, United...
Level Contributor
98 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kettles - Hotel Rocamarina

I have got to say this is the strangest thing! We have never had a problem in any other hotel and as people will be using electric on hairdryers, irons etc it just sounds like a money making excercise? Thanks for the replies everybody I know some people will be raising their eyes at the subject matter but hey we all like different things on our holidays ours just happens to be a good old cuppa Rosie as and when we fancy it!!

Chatham, United...
Level Contributor
98 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kettles - Hotel Rocamarina

I have got to say this is the strangest thing! We have never had a problem in any other hotel and as people will be using electric on hairdryers, irons etc it just sounds like a money making excercise? Thanks for the replies everybody I know some people will be raising their eyes at the subject matter but hey we all like different things on our holidays ours just happens to be a good old cuppa Rosie as and when we fancy it!!

London, England
Level Contributor
8,411 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kettles - Hotel Rocamarina

Definitely sounds like a way to make money to me.

S.Wales, United...
Level Contributor
99 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Kettles - Hotel Rocamarina

Yes I think so as well. We are off to the hotel on the 3rd July for 2 weeks. Will let u know lol

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
174 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Kettles - Hotel Rocamarina

My parents stayed here last August while we stayed at a neighboring hotel with our children. Yes they had to hide the kettle and cups everyday!! This hotel is really nice but they have rules and you must stick to them. This didn't spoil my parents holiday by any means and they will definitely be returning.

London, England
Level Contributor
8,411 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Kettles - Hotel Rocamarina

It may be a nice hotel, but I've never heard such nonsense.

Get answers to your questions about Cala d'Or