We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First timer

Leeds
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
First timer

Not been to Cala'dor before, am travelling on my own with 3 kids aged 12, 9, 8, any tips, or where is good to eat on an evening on bit of a budget, but don't mind spending a bit more a few nights???

lancashire
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First timer

Plenty of good value restaurants and bars where children are welcome you will have a fab time x

Leeds
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First timer

Great, thank you, me and the kids are really looking forward to it, counting down till we go!!

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
347 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First timer

As mentioned by gazmo there are too many places to mention. Just one thing get your bearing around the resort, as it's quite sprawling. For instance there are lot of restaurants on the road into Cala Ferrera, enough to last a holiday on their own almost, and that's without going into the centre of the resort where you will find stacks of places to eat and drink in a mainly pedestrianised area. They all have their menus outside so have a look first and see if it#s for you. And it's all pretty much within walking distance, unless you are literally walking from the Cala Ferrera end to the marina every night!

Burstwick, Hull
Level Contributor
1,273 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First timer

We nearly always stayed at the Cala Ferrera end and did actually walk to the marina every night ,taking a slightly different route each time. That might be a bit much with three youngsters though, and a lot will depend on where you are staying. Also not sure if the land train is still running as we found that a good way of getting our bearings on out first visit and our grandkids loved it. The food quarter in the centre has many places to choose from and there are some lovely restaurants around the marina, Acuarius being a particular favourite. Have a lovely holiday!

Manchester...
Level Contributor
104 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First timer

I find Google Street View pretty handing if you want to have a look at the surrounding area before you get their.

UK
Level Contributor
827 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First timer

Hezlou 72 where are you actually staying? I don't recall you mentioning Cala Ferrer.

Leeds
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: First timer

I'm staying at Cala d'or Playa

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
347 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: First timer

Perfect location. From the front entrance, walk back up the road (the road finishes at the Cala d'Or Playa), and turn left by the Spice of India for Cala d'Or centre, or a little bit further and turn right for Cala Ferrera.

There is also a bit of short cut to the centre and marina from the back of the hotel complex, a PIN controlled gate by the swimming pool.

Leeds
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: First timer

Brilliant, thanks for your advice.

UK
Level Contributor
827 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: First timer

I believe Cafeteria Marfil serves good food at very reasonable prices. This is near the entrance to Cala Gran beach.

Also don't miss the lovely Marina as you will all love the fabulous boats there. There are restaurants all around the Marina but Aquarius is well recommended and has a varied menu.

Get answers to your questions about Cala d'Or