We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Another transfer question...

Manchester...
Level Contributor
103 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Another transfer question...

Is it necessary to pre book our transfer from Palma airport to Cala D'or or is getting a shuttle or taxi easy to find once we land?

Presumably if we didn't pre book we'd need to ensure we know what we're paying beforehand.

Is there money to be saved by pre booking or can we arrange our transfer there and then for roughly the same price?

Cheers

M

Poole, United...
Level Contributor
5,566 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Another transfer question...

It depends on what time you're arriving and whether you require child seats, neither of which you've told us, if arriving late at night or you have children I'd pre book, otherwise just turn up and hop in, there's no savings to be made as taxis are all metered. There's always plenty of taxis waiting at arrivals.

Cala d'Or, Spain
Level Contributor
4,254 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Another transfer question...

Just grab a taxi from outside the arrivals. Around €70-80 for the trip.

Manchester...
Level Contributor
103 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Another transfer question...

Thanks guys. No child seats needed and we're arriving mid afternoon so it sounds like pre booking isn't required :-)

UK
Level Contributor
803 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Another transfer question...

Hi Matthew, we always use Resorthoppa when going to Cala d'Or and have been very satisfied with them. It costs about 30 euros return for two people which is a big saving on 70-80 euros each way.

Edited: 20 July 2014, 13:51
Cala d'Or, Spain
Destination Expert
for Cala d'Or
Level Contributor
3,695 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Another transfer question...

Hi Matthew,

For me it all really boils down to if you are willing to spend an extra €30-40 to start your holiday in style,

Do you want to be waiting for a coach that could stop at several resorts before you to have the pleasure of thinking that you have a bargain and take 2 hours?

Are you really bothered about €30 in context of your holiday?

Fair play if you are but for me I need to get there and relax with a cold beer and forget any UK hassles.

Yes there is money to be saved just like eating at Burger king instead of in the Marina.

28SAC

Manchester...
Level Contributor
103 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Another transfer question...

I think you're probably right 28SAC. The sooner I've got a cold cerveza in my hand the better.

Taxi it is!

Cala d'Or, Spain
Destination Expert
for Cala d'Or
Level Contributor
3,695 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Another transfer question...

You can get a fixed price from Cala D,or taxis, just google it or jump in an airport taxi but make sure you agree the fixed price first from the handler that will show you to your taxi from the covered walkway outside departures.

As Crazypom says it will be between €70-80 one way.

28SAC

UK
Level Contributor
803 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Another transfer question...

So he would be saving 130 euros not 30 euros! The 30 euros is a return for two and our journey has never taken much over an hour.

UK
Level Contributor
803 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Another transfer question...

Sorry Matthew, didn't realise there were 4 of you travelling. That means you would only save 100 euros by using Resorthoppa.

10. Re: Another transfer question...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 July 2015, 06:15
Get answers to your questions about Cala d'Or
Recent Conversations