We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Hire around Palma Airport?

Which Calas de Majorca hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle
3 posts
Save Topic
Car Hire around Palma Airport?

Hi there, could anyone recommend a decent car hire place around Palma Airport? I have done numerous searches but would really like one to be recommended!

Thanks in advance!

:)

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Hire around Palma Airport?

I always use Holiday Autos. Never had a problem with them in hiring cars in Majorca for over 20 years. Book online and pre-pay in sterling.

London
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Hire around Palma Airport?

Hi AnK,

We will be travelling from London to Palma this weekend and have booked a car from Hertz online. People whom I know has recommended Hertz. Let's see how it goes with us.

Regards,

Sanj.

Newcastle
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Hire around Palma Airport?

That is very interesting, those are the 2 I was looking at, holiday autos seem to be the only place i could find that had a free 2nd driver which is a big bonus as both me and my boyfriend want to be able drive, and hertz was a good price, so i would be interested to see how it goes.

I was hoping to hire the car for 2 weeks while we were there, pick up from the airport and then drop back off in 2 weeks, but not sure if we need a car for 2 weeks now lol, are there any local cheap car hire places there we could rent for a few days?

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car Hire around Palma Airport?

You haven't said where you are staying. But local hire is relatively expensive and the cars tend to be older-handed down from the major hire companies when they are past their best.You get the best cars if you hire at the airport.And at £140 for 2 weeks what sort of economies are you expecting to make? If you think car hire in Majorca is expensive just try France!

Newcastle
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Car Hire around Palma Airport?

We wanted to hire a car from the airport really, not from where we are staying, and have just realised i dont have my paper part of my drivers licence, do you think i really need it, as it says in the small print that i do....?

northern ireland...
Level Contributor
181 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Car Hire around Palma Airport?

Try carjet.com, they also offer a free 2nd driver.I always book through them and never have had any probs.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Car Hire around Palma Airport?

Yes you do need the paper transcript of your driving licence. Just hired from Hertz in Ireland and they were meticulous about it. Smaller, local firms may not be so fussy.Suggets you e mail them explain it has been lost in a fire or something and will they accept your card.

Aberdeen (Scotland)
Level Contributor
2,663 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Car Hire around Palma Airport?

If a company were willing to accept a licence card without the paper portion I wouldn't want to deal with them.

It they were willing to overlook a legal requirement on your licence imagine which other of their legal obligations they might be willing to ignore.

Sheffield, UK
Level Contributor
5 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Car Hire around Palma Airport?

I've always used RECORD as they are pretty cheap & if you book them again you get a discount.

You don't have to pay up front (just try their website) - no CDW excess free 2nd driver & pretty new fleet. They do try & get you to take out extra insurance (including damage against the underside of car?!?) it's relatively inexpensive so sometimes I can't be bothered to argue.

Watch out for biggish queues - I would get in the queue whilst somebody else collects your luggage from the carousel.

warwickshire
Level Contributor
961 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Car Hire around Palma Airport?

We always use carjet.com never had a problem with this company.

Get answers to your questions about Calas de Majorca
Recent Conversations