We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bars eating places and activies

glasgow
Level Contributor
30 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
bars eating places and activies

Hubby and I are thinking of going to globales america are there anything to do outside the hotels bar eating places or any activites

thanks

Kathleen

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
175 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bars eating places and activies

Hello

There are a few restaurants and bars and the food/drinks we had there was really very good.

There are some activities but they are pretty geared towards children.

We went to porto cristo for the day love town not far by bus and lots of places to eat around the harbour.

glasgow
Level Contributor
30 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bars eating places and activies

Thanks for this

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
10 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bars eating places and activies

Hi Kathleen, me and my boyfriend have just booked to go there in 3 weeks time. When are you planning on going? If its afterwards I will be able to let you know :)

Edited: 04 June 2012, 10:59
glasgow
Level Contributor
30 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: bars eating places and activies

We are going mid September

I

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: bars eating places and activies

Most hotels in CdM are all-inclusive so not a lot of eating places in the resort but there are some.Bars too.Activities-none.In case you were not aware the resort is quite isolated and it is a trek to adjacent resorts by bus or taxi.

Glenrothes, United...
Level Contributor
104 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: bars eating places and activies

That is right near the main commercial centre. There is a lot of criticism on the "lack" of bars and so on comparing it to a ghost town, however I think that there is more than enough available for plenty of variety for possibly a 10 day holiday. There are a lot of souvineer shops, and things like that as well. Not the busiest, and some places closed give the feeling of "can be improved" and a little busier like other commercial centres I've seen abroad, but certainly not a ghost town as I've seen it referred to on here

To get out, there are a lot of nearby (via bus) places to visit - Which we never really done during our 10 day stay here. I heard there was a harbour in the next town or 2 that was favoured by a few, but what sells this place is the sea views from the hotels, and i think the relaxation part of it plays a key role on how much or how little you do through out your stay

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
10 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: bars eating places and activies

Thank you. Me and the boyfriend weren't looking for a clubbing holiday so they fact this location is quiet is perfect for us. We are looking at going to the waterpark and maybe one boat trip.

I was wondering what peoples views about the rooms were, and any tips you can all give us so we can try and get one of the better rooms.

Thank you

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
175 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: bars eating places and activies

Hello

There are trips available there are a few booking offices in town and the boat picks up just off the beach near America hotel

Glenrothes, United...
Level Contributor
104 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: bars eating places and activies

All rooms along that front tend to have sea views, which are amazing. All rooms in the Sol Chihauhaus, and Sol Mastines (apart of the Sol calas de mallorca resort) all have sea views in each of the rooms. Even better when you get up at 6am to see the sun rising. I believe the America one is the same... All the hotels along the front is what sells them - The views, with the hallways facing the back, and the rooms facing the front. I'm not sure on the interior in America, as I was in the Sol calas hotels, but even though the Sol calas was clean, and dated design etc. I think America may be slightly better, but after a day you wont even bother about what the room is like

Palma de Mallorca...
Level Contributor
3,501 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: bars eating places and activies

Calas de Mallorca isn't exactly the most representative nor the most desirable resort on the island, but it's cheap. Set your expectations appropriately, and you should be happy with it, especially considering the price.

The "Ghost Town" reference is between September and May - there are very few local residents, so it's basically a ghost town outside of june-july-august.

Edited: 14 June 2012, 21:17
Get answers to your questions about Calas de Majorca
Recent Conversations