We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

globales america hotel

Colchester, United...
9 posts
Save Topic
globales america hotel

Hi,

Me and my partner are looking to go to calas de majorca and stay in the globales america hotel in may as we have found a cheap deal. we are in our early 20's, so we like to relax as well as have a bit bit of a party. we also like to go on excursions to water parks, boat trips, wildlife parks etc. budget isnt a worry for us. what i would like to know is what the area is like? is there night life? how far do you have to travel for parks and attractions?

some one pleeeaaaassseee help us make the most of our trip :-)

Thanks you

Cala d'Or, Spain
Level Contributor
4,265 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: globales america hotel

Calas de Mallorca is in a pretty remote part of the Island and is more or less made up of AI Hotels. You either love it or hate it, for me it is the latter.

You seem to contradict yourself, you claimed to have found a cheap deal but then go on to say that budget is not a problem.

Why not go to a more up market resort like Cala d'Or which will contain many of your key requirements

Poole, United...
Level Contributor
5,727 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: globales america hotel

I really wouldn't say Calas is a young persons resort, as mentioned its very much an All Inc budget family area and as such is limited by this, that's not to say you won't enjoy it, just be aware of its limitations. If you haven't booked yet I'd seriously look elsewhere on the island.

birmingham,uk
Level Contributor
878 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: globales america hotel

There's a few bars and restaurants in the small town with your normal brick a brack too....

You have picked the best hotel in Calas and its right on the beach or should i say across the road but most hotels are geared up for families but I've seen couples too.

Your be able to get excursions to waterparks and other places around the island but yes it's the only town for miles around.... It's not a bad place but its small and serves its purpose of AI for families and to be honest the price and quality of the Americas hotel is on par with a lot of decent hotels on the island so not really that cheap..

If I was picking a AI hotel for your age then I would of gone for Palma Nova with hotels like the sol Mirlos/Tordos and tropico and torranova... You then have the nightlife on a much larger scale, waterpark and many more options for activities..

Colchester, United...
9 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: globales america hotel

we looked at this resort as its the only cheap all inclusive deal i can find with all good reviews on tripadvisor, we arent looking for a clubbing holiday obviously. we want to relax but would like to go on excursions and go to bars and look around shops, which the reviews say there are some of. But im just after some info of what the area is like from someone who has been there. id like to visit the caves of drache and iv heard theres a water park about 45 mins away. what do you mean by 'limitations'?

thanks for the reply trinet

Poole, United...
Level Contributor
5,727 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: globales america hotel

You've pretty much summed it up yourself, because of the amount of All inc hotels I.e. pretty much all of them in the resort there just isn't that much business for bars shops and restaurants, there are a few, just not anywhere near as many as you might expect.

Yes you have the Caves at Porto Cristo which are about 5 miles up the coast and you'll be able to get a coach to the waterpark at Arenal. If you want some nightlife Cala Millor further up the coast is more lively but it's a good 30-40 mins on a bus and you'd need to get a taxi back as the buses don't run late.

Colchester, United...
9 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: globales america hotel

thanks crazypom but i dont feel that i have contradicted myself at all because the reason budget isnt a problem is because we have found a cheap deal thus for having extra spending money.

thanks everyone else, your posts have been very helpful. although i dont think we will find a deal as cheap as this one for any other hotel on the island :-(

wirral
Level Contributor
18,926 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: globales america hotel

Well in advance of your holiday you are entitled to your opinions.I hope you feel the same afterwards.Then you will have had a good holiday.

wales
Level Contributor
28 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: globales america hotel

Hi there, my fiance and i stayed at the globales americas 4 years ago when we were 28. there are bars just up the road from the hotel, bars that had entertanment, some just music and some had live music and comedy, also bars which showed live sports and brittish tv...britains got talent etc. i remember an irish bar also which was good. we found there was just enough there for us. we enjoyed a few all inc drinks at the hotel in the eve, then ventured up to the bars for a nosey. we really enjoyed and are going back this june as husband and wife, we'll be celebrating our first wedding anniversary there...what i remember we really enjoyed last time...im sure u will too :-)

Harrogate, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: globales america hotel

can anyone tell me how long is the transfer from the airport to the globales Americas hotel, as we have been told from a 15min taxi ride to a 2hr transfer GRRRRRR HELP please x Many thanks

wirral
Level Contributor
18,926 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: globales america hotel

1 hour in a taxi. Up to 2.5 hours on a shared shuttle or tour operator's coach. 15 minutes only in a helicopter.

Get answers to your questions about Calas de Majorca
Recent Conversations