We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gran Camp De Mar Hotel Majorca

Which Camp De Mar hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Gran Camp De Mar Hotel Majorca

I am hoping to visit this hotel in July. Can anyone tell me if this area is suitable for someone like myself who has walking difficulties. I find it very hard especially if it is hilly to walk very far. I would also like to be quite central with shops and cafes close by althrough I don't want to be right on top of the night clubs. I would like it relaxing but not dead lol.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gran Camp De Mar Hotel Majorca

I don't want to be a killjoy but I think Camp de Mar is too hilly for anybody with walking difficulties.And there aren't many shops and cafes near at hand-in fact very few.It is quite isloated really though a beautiful spot for a sea and sand holiday.

There are many totally flat resorts in Majorca with shops and cafes,beautiful beaches that will not trouble you.Nor loads of clubs.I am thinking Pto Pollensa and Cala Millor.

Edited: 11 April 2012, 18:59
Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gran Camp De Mar Hotel Majorca

Thank you very much for your quick reply. Made the mistake last year at the Green Forest Hotel in Hisorunu in Turkey. Beautiful hotel great staff shops close by but everything was uphill. Couldn't even get up to dinner as restaurant was up a flight of stairs or a very steep ramp. It was a damper on a lovely holiday as I was restricted by the terrain. So again thank you.

Birmingham
Level Contributor
73 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gran Camp De Mar Hotel Majorca

I struggle on crutches last year despite knowing the area VERY well. I wouldn't say it's a good option!

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gran Camp De Mar Hotel Majorca

Thank you for your response. Have just been passed ok to fly by doctor but this one will definitely not be on the list. Thank you again its a lot of money to spend only to find out you can't get out and about.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gran Camp De Mar Hotel Majorca

Harsh I know but just as well you asked before booking.Too many people on this forum then ask for reassurances of where they have already booked.What's the point of that?

Birmingham
Level Contributor
73 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gran Camp De Mar Hotel Majorca

Have a fabulous holiday where ever you go! Am really pleased you've been passed to fly what a relief! Have you considered asking for a 'medical' seat on the plane? You have extra room and a companion can sit with you. Thomson are fantastic. Also Palma Airport is HUGE! Book Airport assistance and you have minimal walking to do and a wheel chair etc is provided. I've used this the past couple of years. Birmingham Airport is fab too.

Enjoy your holiday it sounds like you need it!

Poole, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Gran Camp De Mar Hotel Majorca

we are returning to this hotel after 10 years when my wife came with her late mother, is it possble to get a high floor room ? regards P Morrell , staying with first choice 19/7/12 for 1 week .

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,546 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Gran Camp De Mar Hotel Majorca

P Morrello, you are not adressing the hotel here, this is a trip advisor forum. If you want to request a specific room, you will need to contact the hotel. Nobody here can sort it for you.

9. Re: Gran Camp De Mar Hotel Majorca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Camp De Mar
Recent Conversations