We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's good to do in can pastilla

Which Can Pastilla hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester
1 post
Save Topic
What's good to do in can pastilla

Me & my partner are heading out to stay here on the 5th July till 7th July just the weekend for little break but what's good to do and we love the beach & bars & shopping so if anyone has any helpful info please let me know, we're staying at pan pastilla hotel :-) thank you x

Palma de Mallorca...
Level Contributor
3,455 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: What's good to do in can pastilla

Can Pastilla has 'em.

You mission, should you choose to accept it, is to go out and enjoy them.

Kent, England
Level Contributor
2,980 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What's good to do in can pastilla

C Pastilla has a lovely beach, lots of restaurants and cafes too.

As its only a fairly small place, the best shopping is very likely to be found in the capital, Palma. You can get there very easily from Can Pastilla, and cheaply too, on the local bus which takes around 30-40 minutes to the city centre.

paisley
Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: What's good to do in can pastilla

My advice, after going there for 19+years (I am 42!) 2 days is not enough to realise CanPs full potential. Your hotel pool is quite small, but the beach is 100 yds away. Palma easily reachable by bus, on the main road behind the hotel, go early and get taxi back.

When you leave the hotel and head for the beach, when you get there, you will see a 3km beach, the best anywhere!

To the right, some great nightime eateries local to you, to the left, miles of whatever you want.

CanP, Playa de Palma and Arenal are basicly one 3 mile resort now, so theres always something to suit all.

My family (regular visitors also) are just back!

If you want more info, please ask.

Stonehaven
Level Contributor
4 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What's good to do in can pastilla

Hi

I am thinking of visiting Majorca for the 1st time. I hate touristy places eg places selling sunday roasts etc. I like proper spanish places. I have been recommended Can Pastilla what do you think?

Palma de Mallorca...
Level Contributor
3,455 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: What's good to do in can pastilla

Can Pastilla decidedly doesn't tick your boxes. It's nice, but touristy and quite British, and a sunday roast, fish & chips or pie is available in lots of places.

If you want more traditional, you'll need to avoid the coastal resorts which largely cater to lots of nationalities other than Spanish. Go inland 5Km and all of that changes pretty quickly. Your best bet to find more traditional cuisine and charm is towards the east coast, such as Arta, Manacor, Villafranca, Felanitx, etc.. Although it's populated largely by Germans, even Santanyi will offer far more of what you're looking for than the coastal resorts. Then there's Cala Figuera and a few others that are incredibly charming, but just don't suit most tourists' desire to avoid being subjected to anything "foreign" whilst on holiday abroad.

Anyway, if you want it, you can get it here, but you might have to look around a bit.

Good luck.

Colonia de Sant...
Destination Expert
for Colonia de Sant Jordi
Level Contributor
3,656 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What's good to do in can pastilla

Just because Sunday roast etc is on offer, doesn't mean it's compulsory, there are plenty of Spanish places in CP.

OP - try the Manchester Bar, always a very warm welcome from the friendly owners.

7. Re: What's good to do in can pastilla

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 July 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Can Pastilla