We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can Pastilla - Suitable for us?

Which Can Pastilla hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
York, UK
Level Contributor
21 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Can Pastilla - Suitable for us?

Hi Guys

Just a quickie to ask if Can Pastilla is the right place for us. We're coming to Majorca for a week at the end of July, we're a couple, both mid 20s and are after the following;

* Nice resturants, bars, etc

* Not interested in clubbing or drinking ourselves to death but do like a drink! Late drinks with music but none of the Magaluf stuff is our bag.

* Stuff to do so we won't be bored senseless.

* Nice beach.

Any suggestions?

Poole, United...
Level Contributor
5,204 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can Pastilla - Suitable for us?

I think Palma Nova would suit you better, its nowehere near as mad a magalluf despite being next to it and has a lot more things going on... you may find Can pastilla has an older age group staying there...

Kent, England
Level Contributor
2,980 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can Pastilla - Suitable for us?

Can Pastilla pluses- nice beach, lots of local cafes, restaurants, a small resort so quieter than most in Mallorca. Easy to visit Palma on local bus

Minuses- its very near the airport so you get some plane noise, although its not that bothersome; fairly quiet if you like nightlife. Not a lot to do, the most popular thing when I visited in winter was hiring a bike- there is a cycle path all the way along the coast to Palma, and in the other direction too.

leeds
Level Contributor
139 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can Pastilla - Suitable for us?

I think people over emphasise the airport noise.It really is very minimal Al,so don't let that put you off.

I much prefer it to Palma Nova and you are so near to Pama and Arenal

Colonia de Sant...
Destination Expert
for Colonia de Sant Jordi
Level Contributor
3,666 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can Pastilla - Suitable for us?

More Spanish feel than Palma Nova, but everyone speaks English, but not so much in your face. Plenty of nice bars, the Manchester Bar is my favourite.

Edited: 11 July 2013, 17:56
wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can Pastilla - Suitable for us?

I echo whitehorsepeter.

If it was further away from the airport people would be saying it is the "in" place.But there is a host of good 3* hotels at brilliant non-Majorca standard prices, a clean extensive sandy beach and food and drink at prices that are as fair as anywhere in Majorca.A short bus ride direct to Palma, a short bus transfer from the airport.Imo it is the short break capital of Majorca.

Manchester Bar right on the front will stop you getting homesick.

Kent, England
Level Contributor
2,980 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Can Pastilla - Suitable for us?

I forgot to say that one of the main advantages of a trip to Can Pastilla is that it will only take around 20 minutes on the airport bus to get there. No lengthy transfers!

7. Re: Can Pastilla - Suitable for us?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 July 2014, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Can Pastilla