We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is can pastila really boring for a family of four?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
71 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Is can pastila really boring for a family of four?

Stayed here many years ago, do not want a big resort. A few bars are okay and restaurants and a beach, someone said it would be sooo boring! Help!!!!

leeds
Level Contributor
141 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is can pastila really boring for a family of four?

It really depends on what you call boring, Hannah.

The description above is accurate -bars,restaurants and beach.

If you want more entertainment then probably Pama Nova/Magalluf more suitable.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
71 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is can pastila really boring for a family of four?

what do you mean by entertainement? Would like to do a boat tour other than that not sure what else is available. Thanks

leeds
Level Contributor
141 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is can pastila really boring for a family of four?

I was meaning things like karaoke bars or discos.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is can pastila really boring for a family of four?

If I was travelling all the way from Western Canada to Majorca C'an Pastilla would be some way down my list of places to stay.Not that I don't like it I do and it has great prices for hotels and eating and drinking out.Good for a cheap few days with a short flight from UK.Majorca has far nicer places to offer visitors who have paid a lot of money for their flights and spent almost 12 hours getting there.It is not boring,it has a nice clean and raked beach.But for a trip down memory lane why not?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
71 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is can pastila really boring for a family of four?

Remember C'an as being a looooong beach with a train to travel from one end to another and being able to go into Palma easily. When you say entertainment, nightclubs or things to do for teenagers?

Newcastle-under-Lyme
Level Contributor
4 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is can pastila really boring for a family of four?

I stayed in Pastilla in 2011 with a 65yr old and a 13yr old. It's very handy for the city of Palma and the airport. It has a long bay with lots of bars and cafes, but not many classy restaurants. It's not exclusive up-market and neither is it rowdy Magaluf. It seemed popular with the elderly (flat), the fit (cycles, segways) and younger families (beach). I would probably suggest Palma Nova may be better for your group, which has improved over the years, both in facilities, cleanliness, the benefit of a new promenade, and of course, its reputation. Good luck!

paisley
Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Is can pastila really boring for a family of four?

Think we are falling short of the mark here, CanP hasnt changed much over the last 20 yrs, yes, apart from the bar owners changing, its propably as you remember it.

Therefore, if you want to use it as a beach base for your family some days, and explore the next, its ideal, as buses are excellent into Palma and beyond. We certainly wouldnt travel all that way without exploring anyway.

The new walkway into Palma is a great (if long) day out, awesome pitstops on the way, all along the seafront.

Train still runs, to a "Spanish timetable" if you know what I mean, along the front, with bike hire plentifull.

If your kids are older teenagers, then you will find it hard to keep them entertained at night, yes there are bars etc, but that may not be their scene, my advice if you really want to go back is to get a private let, that way you can do what you want, when you want.

8. Re: Is can pastila really boring for a family of four?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 March 2015, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Can Pastilla