We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

can pistillia????

Telford, England...
Level Contributor
392 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
can pistillia????

well.... my friend can no longer holiday with me in sept.i dnt fancy hi holilulu on my own and decided to try can pistallia. i know its much quieter but being alone that suits me fine. im looking at Amic Can Pastilla Hotel. are there many bars about for entertainment etc dont fancy getting a bus lol i get lost very easy.

many thanks

Debbie x

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: can pistillia????

Don't think you will get lost getting from airport to C'an Pastilla.One bus direct from the airport.Lots of places to eat and drink in C'an Pastilla.Or get a direct bus to Palma for a change of scene but you might get lost as it is a big city.

Belfast, Northern...
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: can pistillia????

Hiya. Can Pastilla is great! We are going in October. You should try Rick's Cafe Bistro which is beside the El CID hotel. Great food and amazing views!! Lots of other places right along the beach. Enjoy xx

Belfast, Northern...
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: can pistillia????

Hiya. Can Pastilla is great! We are going in October. You should try Rick's Cafe Bistro which is beside the El CID hotel. Great food and amazing views!! Lots of other places right along the beach. Enjoy xx

Kent, England
Level Contributor
2,980 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: can pistillia????

Can Pastilla is only a small resort, it's basically a lovely beach and small bay with hotels, cafes and restaurants around it. Take a bus, from the main road at the back of the resort, for the lovely city of Palma, well worth exploring.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
133 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: can pistillia????

Hi

Is Can Pastilla solely German. We were in Paguera last year and it was all German - not that I mind that, but the food was heavy and full of thick sauces, what I mean is that it defo wasn't Spanish.

Thanks

Poole, United...
Level Contributor
5,411 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: can pistillia????

Can Pastilla is mainly Spanish and British, The next resorts along the bay of Playa de Palma and Arenal are the mainly German enclaves in that area.

Palma de Mallorca...
Level Contributor
3,467 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: can pistillia????

Can Pastilla is a mix.. but from what I can tell, at least half British, and not much "Spanish", so you can expect to find English breakfasts, Fish & Chips, Roast beef & pud, and of course, HP sauce - and speaking of sauces - the British kitchen is probably not much "thinner" than the German kitchen.

There are a number of seafood restaurants around Can Pastilla, and (IIRC) a lovely Cuban place around the corner at the windsurfing beach just across from the Burger King.

For something more "Spanish, you might consider going a bit further up the beach toward Palma - Ciutat Jardin comes to mind (or Palma itself), or... there are a few lovely restaurants on the western half of the Playa de Palma promenade (not the Arenal end, which is actually, pretty much all German).

Glasgow
Level Contributor
133 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: can pistillia????

Many thanks for your reply. I will maybe consider other options, we do like more of the 'traditional' Thanks again.

Palma de Mallorca...
Level Contributor
3,467 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: can pistillia????

For "traditional" you may be surprised to find that you actually have more choices than "tourist".

Search for towns and villages that aren't on the top 10 list of tourist resorts. Then start looking a bit closer.

First thing that comes to mind is Sineu, which offers a great mix of ancient charm and new (as well as one of the oldest most interesting markets on wednesdays), but also some great choices of "traditional" dining. But honestly, you find that same thing or better in a lot of places - if that's what you seek.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
133 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: can pistillia????

Thanks again.

Get answers to your questions about Can Pastilla