We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel rates question

USA
Level Contributor
196 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel rates question

We noticed that many of the hotels we looked at here had rates for rooms as "per person". Is this typical of most or all hotels in Mallorca?

Colonia de Sant...
Destination Expert
for Colonia de Sant Jordi
Level Contributor
3,673 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel rates question

Yes, in most cases. Apartments are normally priced as a unit regardless of number of occupants

Edited: 22 March 2012, 11:50
USA
Level Contributor
196 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel rates question

Thanks whitehorsepeter,

We have never encountered "per person" rates elsewhere in Europe, so I will remember that apartments are not per person rates but hotels are in Mallorca.

We are almost sure that we will stay in Colonia de Sant Jordi! It sounded right to us after reading the info we could find. The hotel we have selected is small and has lovely views and the people we spoke to were kind and helpful to us so I hope we will be happy there.

Being an expert for this town, can you share some restaurant tips, hotel advice and things to see in the area?

Many thanks.

Marianna2

Colonia de Sant...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,673 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel rates question

Which one did you choose?

USA
Level Contributor
196 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel rates question

We chose Villa Chiquita. We like the size of the hotel (33 rooms, I think)the location and the look of the rooms.

Colonia de Sant...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,673 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel rates question

Excellent choice. I'll PM you tomorrow with a few suggestions

USA
Level Contributor
196 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel rates question

Thanks, whitehorsepeter.

Happy to hear the hotel is a good choice. Is it in a good location and perhaps in walking distance to the town and restaurants? The views look lovely and I think we are close to a really nice beach.

Can you recommend some restaurants and places to see in the area? We will have a car so we do plan to drive back to Palma for part of a day and look around a little.

Colonia de Sant...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,673 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel rates question

You are very close to a very good beach. The restaurant area is at the other end of the town, whether it is is walking distance is down to you, your profile gives no idea of your age or preferences. In my opinion there is nowhere in CSJ that is not within walking distance, depends entirely on how far you will walk. The hotel itself does have an excellent restaurant.

Edited: 27 March 2012, 22:16
8. Re: Hotel rates question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 14:15
Get answers to your questions about Colonia de Sant Jordi