We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Confused: Hotel Villa Chiquita and Spa or Casa Chiquita?

Which Colonia de Sant Jordi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
USA
Level Contributor
196 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Confused: Hotel Villa Chiquita and Spa or Casa Chiquita?

I was just re-reading the hotel descriptions for Colonia de Sant Jordi and noticed that Hotel Villa Chiquita and Spa and Casa Chiquita have the same address. Neither one has photos shown here on TA but when you go to the website for Hotel Villa Chiquita and Spa, the pictures are lovely. I could not find a website for Casa Chiquita. Hotel Villa Chiquita and Spa is listed as #11 of the 21 Colonia de Sant Jordi hotels while Casa Chiquita is listed as #19 of 21 hotels. The reviews of Hotel Villa Chiquita and Spa are very good but Casa Chiquita's reviews are not.

The confusion is that I just called the hotel (we have a reservation there) and was told they are one and the same! So, which are we getting - the lovely Hotel Villa Chiquita and Spa with good reviews or the Casa Chiquita with not so good reviews?

Hopefully, someone can help me understand which place is which or if they are they one and the same.

Colonia de Sant...
Destination Expert
for Colonia de Sant Jordi
Level Contributor
3,662 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Confused: Hotel Villa Chiquita and Spa or Casa Chiquita?

They are one and the same. The original Casa Chiquita was enlarged some years ago and presumably the name was changed then. A very good hotel in a quite area, not far from the beach, which I can recommend

Edited: 30 March 2012, 13:20
USA
Level Contributor
196 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Confused: Hotel Villa Chiquita and Spa or Casa Chiquita?

Thanks so much, whitehorsepeter. My husband and I surmised that there may have been a name change in past at some point but we were not sure. It was confusing in that they are listed separately.

The Hotel Villa Chiquita looks like a nice, small hotel - which we prefer - in a lovely location. Hopefully, we will get a room with a balcony and a full sea view!

3. Re: Confused: Hotel Villa Chiquita and Spa or Casa Chiquita?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 April 2013, 10:20
Get answers to your questions about Colonia de Sant Jordi