We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BBC 3 -Sun, Sex and Holiday Madness...

Which Magaluf hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
newcastle/england
Level Contributor
1,476 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
BBC 3 -Sun, Sex and Holiday Madness...

Did anyone see this programme the other night ? Im not quite sure what to make of it. Obviously filmed at the height of the season, it showed Magaluf at its worst (or should that be best ?)

Opinions ?

Kettering, United...
Level Contributor
298 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: BBC 3 -Sun, Sex and Holiday Madness...

Hi KJ5556, I watched the programme as well & I would comment that it followed 3 people who were out to have a good time & why not, What these programmes never show is the 999,997 other people or so having just a good a time in this wonderful island. I would imagine what you saw is repeated in all towns & cities throughout Britain on a weekly basis, but is highlighted as Young Brits on the pi** abroad on programmes like this. I am in my late forties & like the next person I like a good time & a drink or 2 lol, but showing the likes of me at my age & others like me is not good television lol Magalluf is a fantastic place to come & stay for people of all ages from tots to people in their late forties lol !!!!

I will be there, with my partner on May 21st for a week & we can't wait. My partner only wanted to go the once back in 2006, as she had never been to Magalluf before, this is her 8th time lol

Anyway KJ5556 when you do go have a great time & enjoy yourself

Mick

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
301 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: BBC 3 -Sun, Sex and Holiday Madness...

I saw it and although I was shocked, I had to check myself and rewind 25 years or so and say to myself...hello, been there, seen it, done it. It didn't do me any harm, I'm still here. These programmes are made to shock, as the previous reply said they don't show the rest of us enjoying ourselves, nice restaurants etc.

3. Re: BBC 3 -Sun, Sex and Holiday Madness...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 July 2010, 07:16