We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Magaluf May 2012

Harwich, United...
5 posts
Save Topic
Magaluf May 2012

Hi me and my fiancee are going to magaluf next may on the 10th for our honeymoon. Will the nightclubs be open then? Also can anyone tell me how much it is to get in the clubs, And what the weather is like in may?? Thanks for your help

Edited: 24 September 2011, 01:21
newcastle/england
Level Contributor
1,478 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Magaluf May 2012

Hi folks,

In answer to your question yes the main clubs will be open in May.

This year BCM opened up at the end of April, and it starts to get into full swing mid May. Its not as mad as July/August however.

Prices vary, but in May there is every chance of discounted tickets/flyers being offered all over resort. Expect to pay 20-35 euro at BCM

All the main bars will be open on the "strip" thats for sure, buts its early summer so again you wont get the hordes of teenagers at that time of year.

Weatherwise expect 72-77 degrees during the day, dropping to mid fifties at night. Its a really pleasant month to visit Majorca, one of my favourites before the intense high summer heat arrives.

All in all its a great time to go to Magaluf!

Enjoy!

Edited: 24 September 2011, 12:20
Mentioned in this post
BCM Hotel
BCM Hotel
1,017 Reviews
Majorca, Spain
Majorca
Majorca
Balearic Islands, Spain
Magaluf
Magaluf
Majorca, Spain
Harwich, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Magaluf May 2012

Thanks for your reply, very helpful. Many thanks really looking forward to it :)_

Llandudno, United...
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Magaluf May 2012

Ive been 4 times in May and love it, its busy enough to have a great time and everythings open. Weathers always been really hot too, you will have a great time!

And congrats on the wedding! :-)

Lancaster, United...
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Magaluf May 2012

hope u have an ace time .... me and 5 other lads are going on the 27thmay and was wandering pretty much the same but all sounds good cheers :D

Hertfordshire
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Magaluf May 2012

Myself and 13 others girls are going on 10th for a Hen Weekend. Can't wait :) Been told to prepare to feel old!

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Magaluf May 2012

Me & my mate are heading out on the 1st of may for a week & were wondering the same thing lol

bathgate
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Magaluf May 2012

Hi, Im going out to Magalluf in the middle of april with my boyfriend for 9 days. Just wondered if anyone could advise me on how weather will be etc and also will there be any clubs/bars open? im not expecting it to be busy but hoping there will be something to do at night time! Also any restaraunts anyone can recommend?

Thanks, Louise.

newcastle/england
Level Contributor
1,478 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Magaluf May 2012

Hi Louise,

April is one of those tricky months when weather wise it could go either way.

Normally you would expect daytime temps of about 70 degrees, dropping to around 50 at night.

It is however not unusual for it to be warmer than this, and on some days cooler too.

As you are going after Easter there should be quite a reasonable number of bars open on and around the strip. As i say its a hard one to call as April is still winter season in Magalluf, however the resort is starting to open up for the summer.

The main clubs like BCM are only likely to open at the very end of April, but i certainly dont think its going to be dead in the evenings ( as it is at the moment )

It sounds like you have realistic expectations so i am sure you will have a great holiday!

Mentioned in this post
BCM Hotel
BCM Hotel
1,017 Reviews
Majorca, Spain
Manchester England
Level Contributor
5,230 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Magaluf May 2012

Louise................

Kj5556 is spot on with his advice......................

On the subject of restaurants it all depends on what you like?

Indian,Chinese,Spanish,English????

For me I love indian and you have the Nawaab on the beach next to Linekers bar and another one just off the road (beach side of road) running between the Britannia bar and BCM square-both really nice......!!

Also you have the boat yard on the beach that does nice food and a great location for time passing by...............

But for me the best place for restaurants is in Palma Nova(next door)lol..where you will be spoiled for choice..............sorry their names escape me, but if I was there could take you to many that I've been to..............

But the point being that there are many,many nice places to eat In Palma Nova compared with Magalluf.........

So all in all a good choice between the resorts, so you won't go hungry!lol..

MANCHESTER-GOLFER

Mentioned in this post
BCM Hotel
BCM Hotel
1,017 Reviews
Majorca, Spain
Manchester
Manchester
Greater Manchester, UK
newcastle/england
Level Contributor
1,478 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Magaluf May 2012

Yes, glad MG has advised you of some restaurants as i completely forgot !

If you like English food ( and who doesnt in Magaluf lol ) then try Tom Browns. Its bang on the beach front and is a really popular place for lunch, and for eating al fresco when the sun is going down.

I think in fact that there may be more than one Tom Browns in Magaluf ( MG correct me if im wrong ! ) but the one i usually go to is on the beach.

Good food and very reasonable prices.

Mentioned in this post
Magaluf
Magaluf
Majorca, Spain
Tom Brown's
Tom Brown's
1,747 Reviews
Majorca, Spain
Get answers to your questions about Magaluf