We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Week in September

Carlisle, United...
5 posts
Save Topic
First Week in September

Me and 5 other lads (all 21) going to Magaluf first week of september, stopping in Fiesta Jungla.

Two questions,

is it still really busy this time of year?

and

how much money you reckon we'll need?

I was thinking around the £600-£700 marker, and hoping to bring some of that back.

Manchester England
Level Contributor
5,230 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First Week in September

Carlisle_1991............

1. Yes it WILL be very busy still then .................for sure!

2.Tough one to call, but bottom line is to cut your cloth to your means........For me £600-£700 would be plenty for a week, as when I go I stay half board so breakfast and dinner are paid for....

Bottom line is you have £100 a day and I think that you could have a great time on £50-£75 a day without cutting back on things...so all in all yes i think you're covered..

Make sure you hire a safe and keep all your valuables safe.....goes for anywhere you're staying..

All the best.

MANCHESTER-GOLFER

Carlisle, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: First Week in September

Thanks Manchester, We're going self catering but will look around for cheap breakfats and dinners, then go for the many drinks deals there is out there.

Cheers.

tarn
Level Contributor
153 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First Week in September

we went mid-late september last year and was heaving and red hot.

as for cash? how longs a piece of string?

eat a lot drink a lot?

dont pay for b&b if you wont be awake for it.

£15/£20 per day on snap and drinks vary on previous days intake and venue

Carlisle, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: First Week in September

Cheers. We've gone self catering, If we do get up and fancy breakfast/dinner i've heard there is a nice place to grab some breakfast right beside Fiesta Jungla. And i presume there is plenty of places to grab some tea quite cheap?

Also how far of a walk is it to Parma Nova? I've heard the pubs are very cheap there through the day.

newcastle/england
Level Contributor
1,476 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First Week in September

Palma Nova and Magalluf are basically joined at the hip. Its hard to see where one starts and one ends Carlisle.

The area called Torrenova sort of seperates the two, and when you see the Hotel Honolulu you are pretty much entering Palma Nova.

Its generally a bit quieter overall than Magalluf ( certainly at night ) but there are still a fair number of bars and restaurants to enjoy.

As MG and others say it will still be very busy early September so you have nothing to worry about there.

Magalluf only starts to wind down from the very end of the month.

Have a great time!

Edited: 13 January 2012, 09:32
Manchester England
Level Contributor
5,230 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First Week in September

KJ.................

Spot on the mark with your advice.............................

Carlisle.........There are 100's of places to choose from to eat throughout Palma Nova and Magalluf and yes you can spend as little or as much as you want to satisfy your budget...

MANCHESTER-GOLFER

Carlisle, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: First Week in September

Thanks for the advice everyone.

What would you all suggest to do through the day? if we're ever lively enough. I know there is the obvious drinking but what else.

I like golf but don't reckon i'd ever be sober enough for 18 holes.

Where is the mini golf at? i've heard thats meant to be good?

Also, the Pirates show? and the Western Waterpark? Are these things worth doing?

Manchester England
Level Contributor
5,230 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: First Week in September

Carlisle.................

Forget the golf as at 60-80euros a game, it is a total waste of money unless you are 100% sober...The golf course are great and I've played most of them.......But I make sure that I am sober and in bed before midnight the night before and have a tee off time about 7-7.30am so that I miss the heat of the mid-day sun...

The Western Water park will be open and is well worth a visit as there is so much to do there.............a great day out and lots of fun with the various slides,shows,etc....

www.westernpark.com/atracciones.php?wlang=en

You have go karting which isabout 200-400metres away from the water park and is truly aimed at all ages..............

http://www.kartingmagaluf.com/en/home.php

You have the house of katmundu which has a crazy golf called expedition golf which is well recommended...it is located up the road bearing left past Baco's and with the Plaza on the right.And is located next to the Hotel Magalluf Park .

katmandupark.com/en/…golf_fantasia.html

And of course the Pirates show is also well worth a visit.....take a peep at the link below.

http://www.piratesadventure.com/

Or of course during the day you could relax on the beach, do some water sports, go on one of the various boat trips,etc..etc.. stay around the hotel pool,and maybe take a cold beer in to refresh you?lol..

MANCHESTER-GOLFER

Carlisle, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: First Week in September

Cheers, Yeah i think the beer will be a big part of the day no matter what we do, and i'll pass of the golf at that price.

You have any advice on where to buy tickets for all the different things from. Apprantly the rep will try and sell us a bundle for about 300-350 euro.

I'm guessing we'll be better off just buying the ones we want from else where?

10. Re: First Week in September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 March 2013, 10:18
Get answers to your questions about Magaluf
Recent Conversations