We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

concerned ova these last 3deaths!!

Which Magaluf hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
10 posts
Save Topic
concerned ova these last 3deaths!!

Hiya im due to go to magaluf on tues im quite concerned ova these 3deaths whats happened in the last 3weeks? wts is it caused from! Are people spikin ur drinks? ne infomation would be a help?xx

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
788 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: concerned ova these last 3deaths!!

Unfortunately, drink does seem to have been involved. In Magaluf, you should always be very careful with your drinks, don't leave it on a table - pass it to a friend if going to the toilet, don't wander away from friends and always share a taxi back your hotel. This is exactly the same as you should do anywhere, including at home.

Palma de Mallorca...
Level Contributor
3,458 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: concerned ova these last 3deaths!!

It's an absolute tragedy, and I am truly saddened to hear it's happened once again. I can remember this happening in Ft. Lauderdale, Cancun, and other party spots around the world, too.

Beware: drinking and balconies are a deadly combination. A bit like drinking and driving, except in this case, you're more a danger to yourself than others.

My heart goes out to the familes. What a waste.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
271 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: concerned ova these last 3deaths!!

I cannot begin to imagine the grief of the families and friends who've been affected by these tragic events. I agree with the other posters: take care of your friends, don't leave drinks unattended and treat the balcony with caution. Don't worry, Rachel, the fact that you are concerned about the potential dangers indicates that you will approach your holiday with extra caution. It is deeply saddening to hear of these events. Be careful, everyone. Come home safely, all of you, please.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
271 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: concerned ova these last 3deaths!!

I cannot begin to imagine the grief of the families and friends who've been affected by these tragic events. I agree with the other posters: take care of your friends, don't leave drinks unattended and treat the balcony with caution. Don't worry, Rachel, the fact that you are concerned about the potential dangers indicates that you will approach your holiday with extra caution. It is deeply saddening to hear of these events. Be careful, everyone. Come home safely, all of you, please.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: concerned ova these last 3deaths!!

^^ What they said.

I never ever leave my drinks, pass them to a friend its pretty easy & just don't get stupid when your drunk, ovs people go out to Magaluf to have a good time but drink makes people do stupid things. Its a shame when lives are ended because alcohol.

I'm sure you'll be fine though, just enjoy yourself!

6. Re: concerned ova these last 3deaths!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 19:17