We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Am I mad

Cambridge, United...
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Am I mad

My son and 4 of his friends All 17 have booked a holiday here, thompsons have just informed me that an adult! Needs to travel with them, does anyone know if the hotel asks for passports and are strict on age?

Edited: 11 May 2012, 20:04
Poole, United...
Level Contributor
5,656 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Am I mad

If its an adults only then more than likely yes, but as you haven't told us what hotel...???

Cambridge, United...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Am I mad

Fiesta jungla

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Am I mad

Because it is liable to official local hotel monitoring the hotel will check ages.They also check for over-occupation of rooms which are floor-area dependent. This is not a Thomson rule it is local.The penalties are substantial for transgressing hotels.There are bouncers/security staff 24/7 in hotel foyer and they are needed.

Fiesta Jungla is hectic in season.I would not want to be the adult chaperone staying there but the lads will love it.Be warned guests are required to pay a refundable deposit at check-in against any damage/loss of hotel property.Doors have been ripped off hinges and thrown from balconies into swimming pool,constant music around the pool,general mayhem.

Cambridge, United...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Am I mad

Thank

I was going to send 1 x 18 year old with them, do you think this will be ok?

My husband and I really do not want to go!!!

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Am I mad

That will do.Good decision on all counts.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
651 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Am I mad

fiesta junglia is and 18/30 hotel the sahara its sister hotel facing is family i have stayed in both ther ok when just booking hotel on its own when cheap with thompsons but wouldnt stay in them at the prices they now charging just make sure them boys stay out of the lap dancing club read thread on forum

newcastle/england
Level Contributor
1,476 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Am I mad

An increasing number of hotels ( and apartments for that matter ) have now implemented this policy. This includes our old friend the Guadalupe by the way.

Not sure if an 18 year old can be classed as an "adult" judging by my daughters behaviour at times, and i am sure a lot of 16 and 17 year old are a lot more mature but so be it.

The Fiesta Jungla is party central in summer, and Wirral Scouse descibes things very accurately.

Walsall, United...
Level Contributor
2,253 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Am I mad

The Sahara is listed in Thomsons as a family hotel but if you read the reviews it is anything but a family hotel with stags and hens also being put here too. So much so that even the stags and hens can't believe they've been put in there with families!

Also how could Thomson even book the hotel for them without an 18 year old on the booking? I thought this was against the law without some written concention from a guardian! To me this makes the booking void!

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
75 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Am I mad

I booked with Thompson this year and they left out quite alot of info I needed to know.

They forgot to mention that instead of individual tickets it would all be in a booklet, luggage tags are provided at check in (the ones that have hotel n home address on) also registration of passports now.

I go in 10days and was freaking out big time yesterday till I rang them.

But with the booking under 18 thing you go need a guardians consent or present and also an over 18 to stay a jungla as that's where im staying, and that's just about one of the things they told me haha.

Edited: 12 May 2012, 10:42
newcastle/england
Level Contributor
1,476 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Am I mad

As an agent i can tell you that when you make a booking with Thomson they WILL ask the ages of the people travelling.

There is NO law needing a 16 or 17 year old person needing parents permission to book ( although of course its advisable to tell them ) Thomson do however require someone over 18 to be in the party travelling.

ShellsBells,

If you read your holiday confirmation it states quite clearly that you have to register your passport information on the website.

In the trade we call it API, and it only applies to certain destinations.

I am presuming you booked online as a travel agent would have told you all of this when booking, and probably would have done it for you.

I spend my life telling people to read the small print....

Edited: 12 May 2012, 12:02
Get answers to your questions about Magaluf
Recent Conversations