We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seems everyone knows about the prostitute muggers but

Which Magaluf hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Walsall, United...
Level Contributor
2,008 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Seems everyone knows about the prostitute muggers but

it's quite sickening that nothing seems to be done about them!

Is it this 250 euro thing where it's not really a crime unless they rob you of more than 250 euros? Like the lucky heather sellers!

It wouldn't be very hard to police it!

1. Re: Seems everyone knows about the prostitute muggers but

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 02 February 2013, 16:59
Edited: 02 February 2013, 16:59
Hampshire England
Level Contributor
5,691 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seems everyone knows about the prostitute muggers but

Don't know about the €250 limit, first i've heard of that actually, but the word is that the police are virtually powerless as they don't have passports, and therefore can't (too expensive to is probably more accurate) be deported because of it.

Some cynics might say that they are being allowed to stay until the new Sol development is virtually completed, as they are ridding the town of the young OTT drinkers supposedly, and with the upcoming re-naming of Magalluf and the attempt to rebrand the image of the place, you can see where the story comes from.

Costa Adeje, Spain
Level Contributor
1,620 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seems everyone knows about the prostitute muggers but

No problem up to 400€.

Walsall, United...
Level Contributor
2,008 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seems everyone knows about the prostitute muggers but

400? Thats even worse!

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Seems everyone knows about the prostitute muggers but

It was a new one on me but I read on here that theft from a person of less than 250 euros could not be prosecuted.Difficult to believe but there you go.I don't know any different.

And just to clarify-these ladies of the night set themselves up as prostitutes but they are actually thieves.They may be prostitutes as well.Not a listed holiday feature of magalluf/Palma Nova.

Hampshire England
Level Contributor
5,691 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Seems everyone knows about the prostitute muggers but

So theft isn't theft if it's lower than a certain amount?

Do they link this value to the retail price index annually?

I think it's daft.

Anyone got a link to the legislation for this? (Doesn't matter if it's in Spanish).

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,554 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Seems everyone knows about the prostitute muggers but

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187463-i183-k47…

it was first mentioned in post 16 of this thread

Hampshire England
Level Contributor
5,691 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Seems everyone knows about the prostitute muggers but

Thanks Annabelle

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Seems everyone knows about the prostitute muggers but

My mates just come back & he got warned by some people over there he said about them, as soon as he got there, they got warned about them!

Ireland
Level Contributor
83 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Seems everyone knows about the prostitute muggers but

We saw them in Sept last year. Very blatant and obvious whats going on, but they prey on drunk guys who are staggering home. They approach them and then take them behind some building or close to the beach and there are a few other lowlifes waiting on the girls bringing the drunks back - then they pounce. I tried to warn off a few young Scottish guys about what was going on but they were so drunk they walked off with the girls!!!!

Get answers to your questions about Magaluf