We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Magaluf Takeover

Johannesburg, South...
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Magaluf Takeover

Hey all!

Myself an some friends were thinking of going to the Magaluf Takeover week.

We are just very unsure if we should go?? any opinions on the Takeover week?

A few questions:

1) What exactly does the package include? What parties are not included and what will they cost?

2) What is an estimate amount of how much money i would need to budget for food?

3) What is the average price for bottled water and alcohol?

4) Do we need transport to the parties every night? if so what will the cost be?

5) What is the nearest airport to the island?

6) What amount of money will be needed for a comfortable holiday?

Mentioned in this post
Magaluf
Magaluf
Majorca, Spain
Manchester England
Level Contributor
5,230 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Magaluf Takeover

Nixy g....

Welcome to the Mallorca forum.....

If you Google magaluf takeover week you will see loads of reviews.....information....that will probably answer most of your questions...

Mallorca has its own airport Palma that you might be able to fly directly to? If not maybe fly to Alicante and then Palma.......but others might be more informative than me as i am on my phone.....so apologies if wrong.

On prices of drinks and food.....it can be as cheap or as expensive as you want to make it........depending on quantity.......quality and location...

I am sure others will be along to offer advice as there are plenty of helpful people on here.......so I am sure you will have plenty to digest soon..

All the best.....

MANCHESTER-GOLFER

Mentioned in this post
Alicante
Alicante
Costa Blanca, Spain
Manchester
Manchester
Greater Manchester, UK
Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
1,463 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Magaluf Takeover

Hi mate. You live in JoBurg ZA and are looking to fly to a small island about 16 hours flights away for a week?

Why? There is absolutely nothing in Magaluf you can`t get in Cape Town,Camps Bay or even Durban mate.

It will cost you an absolute fortune to fly to probably Scheipol airport in Holland via some god awful hub airport like Doha in Qatar,then spend 5 minutes running a marathon to board a connecting flight to Palma if you`re lucky,or Barcelona if not.

If all you are looking at is a week somewhere,then go inside ZA mate, Knysna,Cape Town.

If you are in Europe for a period of time then that`s differant,but a week from ZA to Mallorca is crazy. Half that time you`ll be travelling.

I once did it the other way,but for 14 days,bit differant.

Mentioned in this post
Magaluf
Magaluf
Majorca, Spain
Barcelona
Barcelona
Province of Barcelona, Spain
Europe
Europe
World
Johannesburg, South...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Magaluf Takeover

I have looked on their site but doesn't give very detailed info! I live in South Africa so prices of food and drinks is very unkown to me!

Manchester England
Level Contributor
5,230 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Magaluf Takeover

What I meant about food and drink prices is that you cut your cloth to your means..

A lot depends on what you like to eat and drink???

Sausage......egg.....chips..... 3-4 Euros.....

Burgers with chips around 3-5 Euros.....

Chilli and rice 5-6Euros.....

Steak meal around 8-12Euros........

Bottle of beer between 1-5 Euros......

Vodka and orange 2-8Euros....

There are many places to eat for very little cost......and the same with drinks........and of course you have others that are more expensive.....

A lot really does depend on location.....quality and quantity....

And If you go through Google with Magaluf takeover there are pages and pages of information which will keep you occupied for quite some time....as I have found out tonight....

All the best.....and good luck ..

MANCHESTER-GOLFER

Mentioned in this post
Magaluf
Magaluf
Majorca, Spain
Manchester
Manchester
Greater Manchester, UK
Johannesburg, South...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Magaluf Takeover

Thanks so much for the help!!:)

6. Re: Magaluf Takeover

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 07 February 2013, 19:47
Milford Haven...
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Magaluf Takeover

The magaluf takeover is good but what let me and my friends down were the reps. They were miserable, hardly around and were not approachable! Definitely book the boat party, it's crazy! The Bar Crawl is amazing, make sure you get involved! The MCP pass you get is very good because you get free drinks all nights is great clubs! My favourite was Boomerang with that pass! Make sure you attend the pool party as well, that was pretty party! BCM was the bestest night of my life I went twice, just bought another ticket. Magaluf takeover is definitely worth it because they put you in the right hotels (I was in Palma nova hotel, best hotel ever). But the reps are terrible and let the takeover down

Mentioned in this post
BCM Hotel
BCM Hotel
1,021 Reviews
Majorca, Spain
newcastle/england
Level Contributor
1,478 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Magaluf Takeover

As Casey says the MCP pass is good value. All of the clubs are on the main Puerto Ballena "strip"

The only drawback is that it does not include entry to BCM Planet Dance. Thats around 30-35 euro, maybe more depending on whether the likes of Calvin Harris are appearing.

Mentioned in this post
Bcm Planet Dance
Bcm Planet Dance
642 Reviews
Majorca, Spain
newcastle
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Magaluf Takeover

Hi Casey,

I found the reps to be amazing so I don't know whether you caught them on a bad day or what but they definitely made our trip brilliant!

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Magaluf Takeover

hello kj556 having being a rep for magaluf takeover and anybody reading our package DID include tickets to BCM to Friday nights where acts such as professor green, labyrinth and tinnie tempeh played these tickets alone or 30-35 euros which included a free bar and the free gifts.

Mentioned in this post
BCM Hotel
BCM Hotel
1,021 Reviews
Majorca, Spain
Get answers to your questions about Magaluf
Recent Conversations