We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from the airport to Sotavento Apartments

Which Magaluf hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Yorkshire
Level Contributor
462 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi from the airport to Sotavento Apartments

Hi. Four of us are having a few days in Magaluf next month. How much will it cost for a taxi to the Sotavento apartments? Do we need to book in advance or just grab one outside the airport? Thanks in advance.

Poole, United...
Level Contributor
5,207 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi from the airport to Sotavento Apartments

Approx 38 euros, as for pre booking dependant on if your arriving in the middle of the night or not, daytime I wouldn't bother, although you can sometimes get a slightly better price by pre booking, Try TaxiPMI or Galitrans.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
462 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi from the airport to Sotavento Apartments

Thanks for your reply. Our flight is 9.30 am from East Midlands so will probably just get one outside the airport. Hopefully will be at the Sotavento lunchtime. We did a shuttle last year and spent longer on the coach than the plane lol.

Edited: 23 March 2013, 17:07
Hampshire England
Level Contributor
5,691 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi from the airport to Sotavento Apartments

Any savings that you might make on a private transfer is negligible when there's four of you sharing the taxi fare.

I've never really got my head around the fact that an airport fare to resort is more expensive than the return trip.

But even with 4 cases I wouldn't expect your fare to exceed €45.

Private transfer fare (not to be confused with a shared multi drop off service) is about €35.

Poole, United...
Level Contributor
5,207 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi from the airport to Sotavento Apartments

Mark, it's more expensive due to the 7.50 euro pickup levy charged to the taxis by the airport...

Hampshire England
Level Contributor
5,691 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi from the airport to Sotavento Apartments

I was aware that there was a levy but didn't know how much. But there also seems to be other things that the driver clicks on the meter when you arrive that boosts the final price, I've always suspected that it's 1) the amount of passengers, and 2) the amount of cases.

Do you think the private transfer companies also have to pay this airport levy? If not, they should be a lot cheaper.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
462 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi from the airport to Sotavento Apartments

Might try a private transfer. Any recommendations please?

Fleetwood, United...
Level Contributor
119 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi from the airport to Sotavento Apartments

galitrans or jannerbus, used both never had a problem.

8. Re: Taxi from the airport to Sotavento Apartments

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 March 2014, 04:17
Get answers to your questions about Magaluf