We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please take care on balconies..........

Which Magaluf hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester England
Level Contributor
5,230 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Please take care on balconies..........

I am really sorry to have to write that a father of three has died this week after falling from the balcony from 10 floors up at his hotel............

I am sure that everyone will join me in sending our condolences to his family.....

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-2…

MANCHESTER-GOLFER

Magaluf, Spain
Level Contributor
217 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Please take care on balconies..........

Sorry MG, but it was a residential apartment block, not a hotel. Not that it makes a lot of difference to the outcome.

Edited: 12 July 2013, 07:03
newcastle/england
Level Contributor
1,476 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please take care on balconies..........

Sadly despite the recent publicity this type of fatality is nothing new.

When i was a rep in Magaluf 1980-83, we had on average 1 death a month either from falls or alcohol related.

Usually the two were connected...

its very very sad.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please take care on balconies..........

A regular fact of Magalluf life.While I respect the caution from M-G the people who end up dead or paralysed from balcony falls are not readers of this helpful and informative TA forum.Facebook maybe.

4. Re: Please take care on balconies..........

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 13 July 2013, 11:27
5. Re: Please take care on balconies..........

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

Tragic circumstances occur in every city of the world, including crimes that involve both tourists and locals. We close or remove topics that include graphic descriptions of violent crimes or accidental death and injury; the subject matter does not conform to our rules regarding family-friendly topics and our requirement that forum threads be travel-related discussions.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 July 2013, 11:27
Get answers to your questions about Magaluf