We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How busy is maga at the end of october?

Which Magaluf hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cardiff, United...
1 post
Save Topic
How busy is maga at the end of october?

planned to go magaluf end of october 2014 for a bday, unsure if its worth booking or not?

Poole, United...
Level Contributor
4,777 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How busy is maga at the end of october?

End of October is when everything closes so I'd think again. Canaries would be a better bet that late in the year.

Manchester England
Level Contributor
5,230 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How busy is maga at the end of october?

Paige..

Most definitely not!!!! The resort is virtually "closed for winter".....

For guaranteed warm sunshine and nightlife.... head to Tenerife......and Playa de Las Americas..

For future reference the last good time to go to Magaluf is the last weekend of September. ..

MANCHESTER-GOLFER

newcastle/england
Level Contributor
1,476 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How busy is maga at the end of october?

My fellow experts are spot on with their advice...It won't be absolutely dead in late October. .but not far off it either....by early November it WILL be absolutely dead....

Hampshire England
Level Contributor
5,554 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How busy is maga at the end of october?

"For future reference the last good time to go to Magaluf is the last weekend of September. .."

I find that overly opinionated. Plenty of good weekends to be had in October. Even November as well. Christmas? Hmmm. Depends what you're looking for I suppose.

Hampshire England
Level Contributor
5,554 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How busy is maga at the end of october?

Just so it doesn't look like I'm picking on one poster over another... ;-)

Kj: "...by early November it WILL be absolutely dead...."

Not sure that's true either Kj. A good few years ago England beat Australia in the Rugby World Cup Final, - held in Australia - and we watched it from EastEnders bar opposite the Prince William. I'm sure it was in November? We went there for a late brekkie and then went straight on the beers while the match was on, we was standing on the terrace outside in vest and shorts in very warm sunshine and the bar was packed... as were the surrounding bars.

Ok, maybe a special occasion, but everyone hadn't gone out there to watch the rugby lol

Manchester England
Level Contributor
5,230 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How busy is maga at the end of october?

Having been to Magaluf for over 20 years and having stayed in September and October I can say that without any doubt whatsoever that the last weekend of September IS the last good time....

On what grounds?

Well first of all as we all found out yet again last year .....many bars closed up for the winter whilst we were there during the last weekend. ...

The PR's who we were talking to were flying home on the Monday following that weekend and indeed when we went up the strip on the Monday night it was like a completely different place......no PR-s coming up to you. ....many bars empty with just a few tables full outside and others closed up ...

Indeed even the popular bars like Manos....Britannia. ...Reflex.....were empty for the last two nights....

Most people who go to Magaluf go for " the crack" (as they say)......packed bars...........night clubs galore ....with a brilliant vibrant atmosphere. ....etc..etc....but after the last weekend of September it all goes down hill very quickly indeed.....and that's why people like me and KJ advise people who want to enjoy Magaluf to go no later than the end of September. ......

But everyone to their own as they say. .....but I for one won't be recommending people to part with their hard earned cash to visit Magaluf to anyone from October onwards. ....unless of course you're happy to walk along the streets looking through the bar windows to see if anyone's in them.......etc....

But don't take mine and KJ's words for it......try it yourselves if you wish?

But we didn't recommend it to you! Lol..

MANCHESTER-GOLFER

Edited: 21 January 2014, 23:41
newcastle/england
Level Contributor
1,476 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How busy is maga at the end of october?

Mark,

I can only base my views on a trip i did a couple of years back when i stayed at the Honolulu on 31 October for 3 nights. They had invited me over so i thought why not.

The weather was glorious but the place itself was deserted

You could have heard a pin drop on the strip at night.

I spent all three nights in the Prince William (which never seems to close lol)

No doubt early to mid October can be a lot busier as the likes of BCM are still open, but i stand by my opinion on November.

Try and find a hotel thats open for starters....

Hampshire England
Level Contributor
5,554 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How busy is maga at the end of october?

Yeah, I first went there in 1982 (really? Omg!!) and in those days there was a full blown winter season with most places open, people would go there for christmas etc.

But in the last 5 years or so the yob culture has really taken hold of maga in the summer months (MG, the summer is NOTHING like September & October, completely different age group and crowd), which to me, appears to be to it's detriment, as the perceived picture of what Magaluf is like, clearly has swayed away the type of tourist that would visit in the winter season.

The 'most people' who go there for the crack, are the summer people, on the booze all day and night, etc. Hotel Tobago a typical hotel that attracts this crowd.

Yet in March this same hotel is full with Spanish OAPs, where band music and even line dancing are the evenings offerings lol

There's more to Magaluf than the summer hedonism, that's for sure. A truly fantastic beach, try walking along it when it's deserted, really natural and peaceful.

Anyway, enough rambling. I enjoy Magaluf out of season is what I'm saying, I don't enjoy it any longer in the summer, it's like a dump now.

9. Re: How busy is maga at the end of october?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 23 July 2014, 14:12
Edited: 23 July 2014, 14:12
10. Re: How busy is maga at the end of october?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 July 2015, 07:15