We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Night time street safety in Magaluf

Hampshire England
Level Contributor
5,998 posts
94 reviews
Save Topic
Night time street safety in Magaluf

It appears that posting the reality of what goes on in Magaluf is a touchy subject on Trip Advisor, with many threads being closed, due to posters not sticking to TA's clear posting guidelines, which includes wording your posts in such a way that ensures no racial profiling occurs.

Whilst the regular holidaymakers, and residents, and contributors to this forum, are well aware of who the culprits of the late night street crimes are, any attempt to identify them results in an across the board tarnishing of *all* of these types of people, some of whom may be plain innocents caught up due to originating from the same area.

For a thread to remain open, please ensure that posts stick to TA's posting guidelines.

The truth of Magaluf is that, during the day, this is a typical Spanish resort, with a drop dead beach, plenty of bars and restaurants, many now refurbed and considered up market, and a young, vibrant feel to the place.

No problems at all.

However, at night, and more specifically after midnight, street crime is a serious problem, mostly muggings.

All I can say is that they are mostly female, and obviously not holidaymakers, due to their attire.

Getting a taxi back to your hotel at night is the repeated advice given by regulars.

51. Re: Night time street safety in Magaluf

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 04 June 2015, 12:28
Magaluf, Spain
Level Contributor
217 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
52. Re: Night time street safety in Magaluf

I am in UK at the moment, but will certainly try and find out how things stand with the PR's. All I know is that when the police drive pass the bar, the PR's either make a dash for inside, or pretend that they are customers. So that to me says something!!

3 posts
Save Reply
53. Re: Night time street safety in Magaluf

Hi, I am going to Magaluf on the 20th July for a week and will be staying at Sol Antillas Barbodas.

I wonder how safe is it around in the night time if I walk on my own? Also it is next to beach and is it safe to jog on the beach in the early morning let's say from 6-7am (before breakfast)

Thanls

Manchester England
Level Contributor
5,230 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
54. Re: Night time street safety in Magaluf

Priyesh P

Welcome to the forum...........

You're staying in a lovely hotel with a great location...

How safe is it around night time? See the top of the posting page headed "Safety at night in Magaluf"

Jogging on the beach around 6-7am in the morning should carry no concerns for you......from your hotel you have steps that come down to the beach and away you go!!!!

MANCHESTER-GOLFER

Shrewsbury, United...
Level Contributor
101 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
55. Re: Night time street safety in Magaluf

My 18 year old son got back from his first lads holiday to Magaluf last week and had the time of his life. I would like to say a big thank you to everyone on here for their advice on the night time safety issue.

I am pleased to say he didn't encounter any trouble at all. He says there was a police presence and he didn't see any prostitutes, trouble or fighting. He did always get a taxi back to his hotel at night as advised on this thread (I'd given him an envelope with an extra 25 euros to fund his taxis).

The three lads were staying at the Don Bigote in Palma Nova and spent most nights in Magaluf. I was initially very worried when they booked the holiday and kept a close eye on the forum, so thanks to everyone for the advice, which certainly helped keep him safe.

Manchester England
Level Contributor
5,230 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
56. Re: Night time street safety in Magaluf

Avrabray....

Delighted to hear that they all had a great, safe, funfilled holiday and that they took the advice offered by the forum which helped keep them alert and safe.

Happy days!

MANCHESTER-GOLFER

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
57. Re: Night time street safety in Magaluf

I've just got back from a stag do in Maga, we stayed in Hotel Florida.

We tended to venture to the bars at the end of the strip nearest our hotel and I would have no complaints about the PR guys/girls. If we weren't interested we would politely say no thanks and walk on by - no one got agressive with us.

We also found that there were a much smaller number of protistutes at this end of the strip and could be easily avoided by walking in the road (checking for cars first obviously!)

We did meet 1 group of girls who had been down to BCM square and while outside in the square all of them had had their purses and phones stolen from their bags. After hearing that most of us decided not to take our phones out with us each night and only take the amount of cash we intended to spend.

3 posts
Save Reply
58. Re: Night time street safety in Magaluf

Cheers Manchester Golfer.

What I meant is how safe is it around Sol Antillas Barbodas in the night time?

I am 35 years old and my girlfriend is 32. We want to find a nice quiet bar without any young people surrounded. Where would you recommend near Sol Antillas Barbodas so we could walk back to the hotel safely?

Thanks.

Manchester England
Level Contributor
5,230 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
59. Re: Night time street safety in Magaluf

Hi Priyesh.....

The area where you are staying is arguably the safest area in Magaluf as you are at the bottom end which is now getting known as the Calvia beach resort. ...

The beach area and promenade are now floodlit so walking along there at night should be safe.....if so then a short walk to the Nikki beach is a very exclusive place to be.....and the drinks are NOT cheap. ......but a YES .....to have a night to remember. ...

The Britannia is another popular bar for the over 30's which is just 50-100 metres further down from the Nikki beach on the road side across from the roundabout. ....

There is also a cocktail bar on the beach whose name escapes me.....the Ibiza bar I think. ...which is worth a visit...and again this is at the Nikki beach end....

MANCHESTER-GOLFER

Yaxley, Suffolk
Level Contributor
608 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
60. Re: Night time street safety in Magaluf

The Ibiza bar is located more towards the strip part of the promenade. It's just past the Sol wave house and before pirates beach bar/restaurant. I think the Daiquri palace is on the prom and does cocktails and is more towards the Calvia end

Get answers to your questions about Magaluf
Recent Conversations