We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Be careful!

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
75 posts
Save Topic
Be careful!

Hey guys recently back from maga.

Had an amazing time as expected. Only downfall was me and a friend got robbed in car wash night clud at a glow paint party.

Girls- make sure if you take a bag out with you, you make sure it's not easy to get in to and you dint leave it lying around.

Our bags was just a zip with a strap round the shoulder and they manged to get in quite easily without us realising and take phones purse and fags out.

Boys- don't put stuff in your back pockets unless their pretty deep and keep checking.

We met a guy who had his wallet taken out of his back pocket.

So yea enjoy yourselfs just be careful peeps

X

1. Re: Be careful!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 July 2014, 19:21
Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
75 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Be careful!

Hi.

Thanks and yea most likely. It was my 3rd year out there anyway so something like that won't stop me going away again

X

3. Re: Be careful!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 03 June 2015, 08:18
Edited: 03 June 2015, 08:18
Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
75 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Be careful!

Yea that's the thing you've just got to watch what else is happening around you even though it's difficult at times when your not completely in the right state of mind haha but it's just common sense really.

If your going away it even on a night out just be careful as to what you take out with you.

It wouldn't stop me going anywhere it's just made me realise I need to pay more attention to my surroundings.

X

Yaxley, Suffolk
Level Contributor
608 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Be careful!

Sorry to hear about the thefts. Just be aware that these thefts can be comitted by fellow holidaymakers and not just by locals or immigrants living locally. My friend was targeted the other year by two English guys but luckily we caught them at it.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
132 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Be careful!

These are the kinds of situations everyone should be aware of anywhere in the world where there is a large concentration of people and certainly not limited to Magaluf or Benidorm.

As you say, you should be aware and take resposibility for your own safety, and the vulnerabilty of your property, at all times, wherever you are.

Magaluf, Spain
Level Contributor
217 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Be careful!

HIi, although not the same, beware of the fruit/drink sellers on Magaluf beach. Always ask how much it costs before you buy. I have seen several people paying between 5 and 10 euros for a can of drink.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
75 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Be careful!

Hi. Yea we got that. First they said €2 then changed it when we didn't have change. Ended up walking to shop in end as it's cheaper

Sheffield, England...
Level Contributor
7 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Be careful!

Invest in a bum bag when i go tomorrow then yeah? x

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
75 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Be careful!

Haha if you want to. Just be sure to aware of what you take out etc and have a great time. X

Get answers to your questions about Magaluf
Recent Conversations