We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dose anyone no?

Which Palmanova hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
9 posts
Save Topic
Dose anyone no?

Does anyone no if it is worth going on the Soller Railway in Palma de Mallorca,?

also is it very expensive, We are staying at the sol mirlos tordos in palma nova is it very far to get to the Soller Railway, and also we are going on the 07th till the 17th of sep will it still be open,Thanks

Palma de Mallorca...
Level Contributor
3,459 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Dose anyone no?

I don't "no", so the answer is "yes".

Colonia de Sant...
Destination Expert
for Colonia de Sant Jordi
Level Contributor
3,656 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dose anyone no?

Well worth going, although better in spring. Prices on the Soller Train website.

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,545 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dose anyone no?

yes, I don't think so,no and yes.

The tren de Soller is a Victorian train which takes you from Palma to Soller through breathtaking scenery.

Expensive is relative. While I don't think it is expensive, other people might. To keep the costs down you could always get the train and tram in one direction, and then get the bus back to palma.

To get there from Palma Nova get the bus to the bus station in Palma, then come out of the bus station turn to your left, and there it is!

www.trendesoller.com/es/cms.php/horarios

This page gives you the times and cost.

Hope you enjoy it.

Liverpool
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
2,331 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dose anyone no?

one thing to bear in mind, it can be very tricky trying to catch a bus o/s the Mirlos/Tordos, especially early morning (between 9.30 -10.30) often the buses go straight past as they have already filled up prior to reaching the Mirlos/Tordos

having just returned, I was sat o/s some shops (further up near McDonalds) and witnessed 3 buses go straight past about 15 people waiting o/s the bus stop, this was about 12.00-12.30, after watching the 3rd bus go flying past, a number of people gave up waiting in the queue

also think there are 2 or 3 different bus routes to get, 1 goes to the central Palma bus station, the others go straight down the front towards the Cathedral, I'm not sure if these ones go near the train station

when we went into Palma, from memory think it was the 106, this appeared to be an express bus into Palma, rather than going along the coastal road towards Palma

5. Re: Dose anyone no?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2012, 12:19
Get answers to your questions about Palmanova
Recent Conversations