We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sol mirlos tordos or marina torrenova ??

cdougie
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Sol mirlos tordos or marina torrenova ??

has anyone stayed at both of these hotels ? Im trying to decide which one to book for next year . Its for myself my husband a 5 years old and a 1 year old . I really dread the thought of not even getting one sunbed to share between us all at the mirlos tordos , but would like the flinstone theme for my kids . Also is it hard to get a sunbed at the kids pool , just 1 ??

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sol mirlos tordos or marina torrenova ??

i havent stayed in sol mirlos tordos but i have just come back from marina torrenova and it was fantastic, we went with a 11yr, 12ys, 3yr and a 1yr old and they all loved it. we enjoyed r selves so much that we have booked 2 go again nxt yr and it 2 go on there review page then u will c alot of people are booking 2 go bac. hope this helps u.

cdougie
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sol mirlos tordos or marina torrenova ??

Thanks for your reply mchllgrigg

Is there shops and restaurants close to the hotel too ?? Would it take long to walk to palma nova from torrenova ?

Birmingham
Level Contributor
833 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sol mirlos tordos or marina torrenova ??

It's not far to walk to the shops/beach from the Torrenova, but it is on hill, this was ok for us, though was a bit done in when really hot! I've stayed in both hotels, the Sol is better I think for older kids club, entertainment etc.. the Torrenova for food.... sunbeds, both can be hectic, but I always got a bed, only needed one, just me and my son. We was at the sol this august, i would have gone back to the Marina torrenova but when I booked way back in January couldn't get in there until the end of Ausgust.

Mallorca
Level Contributor
1,302 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sol mirlos tordos or marina torrenova ??

If you're pushing a buggy, remember the hill to the Torrenova!. It's a popular hotel with families, but it's best to be warned about the hill before you encounter it "out of the blue". The Torrenova has also got a brand new splash park. I know that the Sol is themed, and they play Flintstones music round the pool, etc. I don't know of a single Spanish hotel that does not have a problem with sunbeds. It's not down to how many sunbeds there are (and please bear in mind that the Spanish law does not require 1 sunbed per guest), it's down to how much space is around the swimming pool. If there is no space on the terrace, if you bring more sunbeds in, there is no personal space between the beds. It's a no win situation.

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
168 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sol mirlos tordos or marina torrenova ??

Torrenova is in a better position as long as you don`t mind the hill

Ireland
Level Contributor
571 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sol mirlos tordos or marina torrenova ??

the hill is not too bad. I am in my 60's I also enjoyed staying in the Torrenova

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sol mirlos tordos or marina torrenova ??

Liverpool Julie who has stayed at both in the past year and a bit has replied twice to your other post on the subject.

8. Re: Sol mirlos tordos or marina torrenova ??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2012, 11:18
Get answers to your questions about Palmanova
Recent Conversations