We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are we too old for Palma Nova?

scotland
Level Contributor
89 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Are we too old for Palma Nova?

Hi I'm looking to book Palma Nova in September. My husband and I are both in our fifties and I wondered if this area is too young for us, went to Arenel 2 years ago and we felt ancient as there were a lot of young people around,

Thanks Eve

Torrox, Spain
Level Contributor
3,820 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are we too old for Palma Nova?

Too old - not at all! We enujoy staying at PN - I am in my 50s and Hubby in his 60s. just make a good hotel choice as the cheaper places attract the younger set.

Edited: 03 April 2012, 17:21
Colonia de Sant...
Destination Expert
for Colonia de Sant Jordi
Level Contributor
3,678 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Are we too old for Palma Nova?

You're never too old for PN

Manchester England
Level Contributor
5,230 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Are we too old for Palma Nova?

Eve.....

I totally agree with the other replies....... Never too old for Palma Nova. ...

But choose a good hotel that isn't cheap then that should keep you away from the youthful element...

Wirralscouse and Yosef are two very experienced colleagues that know PN very well indeed and i am sure that they will be along very soon to guide you both better than i can........

All the best...

MANCHESTER-GOLFER

Edited: 03 April 2012, 18:16
scotland
Level Contributor
89 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Are we too old for Palma Nova?

Your replies make me feel better, was looking at Viva Palmanova hotel and Son Matias Beach hotel, woud appreciate anyone thats been to either of them giving me their opinion

thanks Eve

scotland
Level Contributor
89 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Are we too old for Palma Nova?

Cheers Manchester Golfer!

Eve

Newport, United...
Level Contributor
1,195 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Are we too old for Palma Nova?

hello eve.

no way are you to old for palma nova,at 50 you are going to fit right in.

if your budget allows you to stay at the fantastic son matias beach hotel in sept you may well find you will be one of the youngest couples there,but because it's popular with the older british traveller because many guests are return visitors and they are a great bunch.

the wife and i are in our early 50's and love this hotel,in fact we have just come back from there,the hotel has just undergone a refurb and it looks amazing.

i think the resort will suit you just fine,if you want a late one you will be spoilt for choice,ruby tuesday's and the fountain bar do some fine tribute singers/bands,and the son matias has top notch shows in the evening,plus excellent daytime activities too.

if you can give us some more info on what you like to do/see on holiday i'm sure we can give you a lot more help.

imo the son matias will make your holiday,you may not want to venture out a night due to the excellent entertainment.

eve,i have done a review with pics of the refurb but it is still pending,keep dropping by as it should be available any time now.

if we can help anymore just ask ok

jozef

scotland
Level Contributor
89 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Are we too old for Palma Nova?

Jozef, thanks very much for your input.

My husband was left disabled after an accident and cannt walk very far but he has a mobility scooter which we plan taking with us. Do you think that he will be able to get about in pn on his scooter?

Was talking to a friend and someone she knows goes to the son matias beach hotel every year so we will probably book this one

However I am still hoping someone wil give me feedback on the Viva Palmanova which is a bit more pricey

Thanks Eve

Soller, Spain
Level Contributor
850 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Are we too old for Palma Nova?

You can hire Mobility Scooters in Palma Nova

http://www.mobilityscootersmallorca.com/

Yozeph, have you told Jan that she's in her early fifties :-)

Edited: 04 April 2012, 16:30
port talbot
Level Contributor
157 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Are we too old for Palma Nova?

hi beanscotland,stayed in the viva palma nova around 4 years ago, i can honestley say it was the one of the nicest complex's i've ever stayed in, very family oriented but with a lovely quiet adult pool . the buffet restaurant was excellent, the complex was also spotlessly clean with good air conditioning in the apartment's, it would be one of the first place's i would book, it is on the expensive side but worth every penny. as i said it was 4 year's ago maybe someone could give you more up to date info.

Newport, United...
Level Contributor
1,195 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Are we too old for Palma Nova?

hi eve.

palma nova would be perfect for your husband as it very flat with a wide prom so you can travel about very easily.

you can of course take your own mobility scooter,but i will give you some info in case you decide to hire one.

the son matias can hire one for you and the company they use charge...

4 wheeler=e15 a day or e80 a week

3 wheeler=e12 a day or e65 a week.

the hotel has a parking/charging facility just out side the hotel.

sorry i cannot help with the viva palma nova apts but i have heard there are top notch.

back to the hotel, a lot of the guests here are the older holiday maker so they are well equipped and used to dealing with folk who have walking problems or disabilities.

eve,please do not hesitate to ask if you need anymore info,if i don't know someone will.

don't forget to get checking to see if my son matias review has "cleared" yet as it's still pending ok.

yozef

Edited: 04 April 2012, 17:57
Get answers to your questions about Palmanova