We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any hotel recommendations for family without groups

Wakefield, United...
Level Contributor
81 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Any hotel recommendations for family without groups

Hi

We're wanting to go to Palma Nova and I've spent ages looking at all the hotel reviews, and there's always something that puts me off (eg: caters for groups, no sun on pool area in afternoon, poor evening entertainment, etc).

I don't want to be too near Magaluf, as I think you have more of a chance of having groups in your hotel.

We are a family of 4 (2 adults & 2 children, age 12 & 8 when we will be there). We are wanting to go either beginning of June or if not, probably September sometime).

Can anyone recommend any places.

Thank you in advance

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,584 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any hotel recommendations for family without groups

If you have children of school agel, surely you will need to take them in school holiday time?

Sol Mirlos/Tordos seems to be popular with families

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any hotel recommendations for family without groups

Like Annabelle, I would be very surprised if Sol Mirlos/Tordos didn't please you.

Palma de Mallorca...
Level Contributor
3,501 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Any hotel recommendations for family without groups

I once had a bad case of groups. very painful.

Glad to hear you don't have it.

But watch out for "allin". Apparently a lot of that going around.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any hotel recommendations for family without groups

Hey El Gato. (Not like you).Been on the Soberano?

Palma de Mallorca...
Level Contributor
3,501 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Any hotel recommendations for family without groups

Naahh, full moon, me thinks :-)

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
275 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any hotel recommendations for family without groups

Palma Nova is quite a 'stretched out' resort, and the hotels at furthest away end from Magaluf are worth looking at. We use the Ponent Mar Hotel, which is at the far end and very quiet compared to places nearer Magaluf, yet still within a half hour walking distance. That end of Palma Nova doesn't attract groups, who want nightlife on their doorstep. Have a look at the satellite view of Palma Nova in google maps, and you'll get a better idea of the areas that will best suit your needs.

Wakefield, United...
Level Contributor
81 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Any hotel recommendations for family without groups

Hi elem1

I've been looking at this hotel you recommended, but it doesn't actually say what the board basis is, but I think it could be just self catering. Please can you confirm what type(s) of board basis they do here.

Many thanks

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
275 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Any hotel recommendations for family without groups

Hi, they don't do all inclusive to my knowledge but half board, self catering and b&b are available. We go self catering. There's a huge supermarket ten minutes walk away. We usually alternate between eating out and eating in. The all inclusive hotels are further into Palma Nova itself, if that's what you're after. Hope this helps!

Edited: 12 April 2012, 09:47
Wakefield, United...
Level Contributor
81 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Any hotel recommendations for family without groups

Thank you. Who do you normally book through, as I always book my holidays through the high street, I've never done an online booking before, and I can't seem to find any high street travel agents that do this hotel.

Many thanks

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
275 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Any hotel recommendations for family without groups

We've always booked on-line, but sometimes we've chosen the holiday on line and then phoned up to book it.

We don't stick to one operator, but tend to go with whoever's got the best deal at the time we book.

Try looking on line at 'low cost holidays' and 'on the beach'. If you'd prefer the peace of mind of booking from a known high street agent, try Co-operative Travel. The Ponent Mar features on their website, and I've just checked that they do indeed have a branch in your home town. You might prefer to go in and chat to them in person rather than booking on line.

Have you read the Ponent Mar reviews on TA? If not, have a look before you book, just so you're confident that it will suit all of your needs.

Good luck!

Get answers to your questions about Palmanova