We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

beach front hotel or suggestions please

england
Level Contributor
547 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
beach front hotel or suggestions please

Considering visiting palma Nova for the first time, I would like a hotel on the beach and only want to go for about 4 nights first time. I liked the look of santa Lucia hotel but trouble finding a travel company for just short period. Going with teenagers but more to see and feel atmosphere and return for longer period if like it. Any suggestions welcome prefer A I or half board not too far from airport and a bargin if possible, Thank you suef

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
651 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: beach front hotel or suggestions please

try thomson hotels only www.thomsonholidays.co.uk click on hotels they do santa lucia ive stayed there not bad but rooms are very small and old best hotel on the beach there is sol cala blanca

Edited: 08 May 2012, 21:27
Airdrie, United...
Level Contributor
750 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: beach front hotel or suggestions please

Hi I was going to suggest either son matias beach or Santa Lucia .. But son matias is adults only 16+ .... Also noticed that sol cala blanca had an adults only sign up too when we were there last week . We took a stroll into Santa Lucia and plenty of young ones there even this early in the season ... And also noticed they had a young 'animation team' so maybe more suitable for your needs .

Try thomsons web site and you can chose hotels only rather than full package .

Hope you can get something suitable !

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
651 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: beach front hotel or suggestions please

i have stayed in sol cala blanca with my daughter she only 11 maybe its changed i booked it direct with sol melia

Lincolnshire UK
Level Contributor
406 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: beach front hotel or suggestions please

we got 4 nights at he hotel hawaii AI for 260 for 2 people, flights with ryan air for 80 so 340 for 2 people a bargain. Only booked 2 weeks ago and go monday

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
651 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: beach front hotel or suggestions please

thats not a bargin only 4nights

Liverpool
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
2,406 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: beach front hotel or suggestions please

whilst I'd advise the Sol Cala Blanca, its a great hotel right on the seafront, not sure if it would be suitable for teenagers

you can book the Sol Cala Blanca direct as mentioned above via Sol Melia's website

think the Santa Lucia would be best for you & teenagers

might be wrong but I would of thought you could book direct with any hotel

would strongly recommended trying booking DIY the savings can be quite considerable

Airdrie, United...
Level Contributor
750 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: beach front hotel or suggestions please

I think off season it's easier to book through various agents or direct with hotels , but many of them are contracted to holiday companies making it more difficult to book at the height of the season .

I know when we went into Santa Lucia last week I asked for a brochure and prices and they said that in the uk 'you must book through thomson'

So we couldn't even get a price from them, I would prefer to return to the son matias but would have liked a price incase the SM was full.

I hope you can get something suitable , it's still poss to book accommodation only through thomsons so might be worth a try .

Good luck !.

Airdrie, United...
Level Contributor
750 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: beach front hotel or suggestions please

Hi again sue f ,

Sorry meant to ask when you were thinking of going ... I just checked a random date in may for 4 nights and Santa Lucia was available HB £137 per room . Should add that the price you will see on Thomson site is total price NOTper person .

Hope this helps

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: beach front hotel or suggestions please

For 4 nights (or less than a week anyway) booking Majorcan hotels through a booking agent is way to go.

Tactics I recommend/use myself:-

1) Select and book flights to Palma de Mallorca-on Ryanair/easyJet/Jet2/Monarch etc.Not bmibaby anymore.Flights are more difficult to find than hotels even in peak season.Do not book flight only with Thomson or Thomas Cook they are not in the frame for DIY holidays.

2) You now have your dates.Access website of eg Travel Republic, I mention them because I use them for Majorca every time.Input your dates, your preferred resort and you will get a list of options with prices.As as has been implied in peak season some hotels are exclusive to Thomson/First Choice but there are plenty to go around especially in Palma Nova.Thomas Cook I now regard as out of the game.

3) Then all you need is a transfer.Travel republic do those too although if it is not a long transfer you might prefer the convenience of a taxi from/to the airport.

Good luck.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
51 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: beach front hotel or suggestions please

hi try hotel tropico 10 metres from beach AI stopped there in september and booked again for this year just a good 3 star hotel which people revisit year on year. hotel group gran isla hotels.....thompsons use it but their full allocation was booked up in 10 days you can book it direct no other travel company has any allocation left for 2012 last year able to take drinks onto beach.very very slight chance of overbooking so just e mail hotel a couple of days before you arrive just to confirm booking.about the same chance as any majorcan hotel...read trip advisor reviews....hope this helps

Get answers to your questions about Palmanova