We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomas cook Cash Passport

glasgow
Level Contributor
125 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Thomas cook Cash Passport

Are there plenty of ATMs that I can use this card in.

I believe it is a Mastercard.

Have tried using the Mastercard ATM locator site but it does not seem to recognise Palma Nova or Maga

Liverpool
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
2,437 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thomas cook Cash Passport

I know of severl that I use in Palma Nova

where abouts are you staying ???

do you bank with santander ???

if you do you can use the santander atm to get money from you current account (free of charges) I do this

Palma de Mallorca...
Level Contributor
3,501 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Thomas cook Cash Passport

Someone on another thread said they couldn't get cash using it. I presume they could only purchase with it.

Reply #9 here:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g580286-i10462-k…

It's simpler and easier to use your debit card anyway - but check with your bank about the charges first. Barclays apparently charges a lot.

Santander UK doesn't charge for Euro withdrawls in Mallorca - that's true as long as you use a Santander ATM - there are many.

glasgow
Level Contributor
125 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thomas cook Cash Passport

Will be staying at Aquasol

Exmouth, United...
Level Contributor
550 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thomas cook Cash Passport

Hi, I have put a piece about these cards on the link below. We used the card with no problems and there are plenty of ATMs to use them at. The problem we had was when trying to get a balance. The machines wouldn't give one and the phone numbers didn't work. As long as you keep a record of what you spend you should be alright. The emergency numbers didn't work either but someone from mastercard contacted me just a few minutes ago and said if in future I couldn't get through on one of them to contact this number and it should get you through, 0800 0560572. It's a different one to what I had with the cash passport. Hope this helps.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g580286-i10462-k…

Exmouth, United...
Level Contributor
550 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thomas cook Cash Passport

Sorry about that mallorcat. The card worked fine even at the cashpoint but the ATM wouldn't give a balance so unless I kept record of what I spent I wouldn't know what was left on it.

Blackwood, Wales
Level Contributor
103 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thomas cook Cash Passport

There's an ATM 2mins walk from the Aquasol just before the taxi rank by the tourist info building.Ii used it last year with a Thomson mastercard so should be ok.

glasgow
Level Contributor
125 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thomas cook Cash Passport

Ludo.Thanks for that.Is that the big taxi rank at the Kompass restaurant ?

Liverpool
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
2,437 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thomas cook Cash Passport

There are several ATM'S either side of the taxi rank oppisite the tourist info shop

glasgow
Level Contributor
125 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Thomas cook Cash Passport

Thanks toa all.

Cannot wait.1 week to go.I can almost taste that first beer already.!!!!

Blackwood, Wales
Level Contributor
103 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Thomas cook Cash Passport

Not sure about that restaurent but there's a Spar set back from the taxi rank and its just past the Reflex 80s bar if I remember correctly. We're going end of July and I can taste the beer too!!! Enjoy! I'm sure you'll be fine with the ATM. I used a few different ones when there last year. I believe there's a small charge each time so I always withdrew the maximum!! I'm sure Bigscouse has a much better local knowledge than me so there will be plenty of other ATms nearby that I failed to notice.

Get answers to your questions about Palmanova
Recent Conversations