We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hawaii Torrenova - more young groups than usual?

Which Palmanova hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
England, United...
Level Contributor
2,054 posts
106 reviews
Save Topic
Hawaii Torrenova - more young groups than usual?

I booked the Hawaii Torrenova several months ago for this August for my family holiday with kids as it was advertised as a family hotel and the majority of the reviews for August last year seemed to suggest it was predominantly families. I've noticed the last few reviews are suggesting there are quite a lot of rowdy groups there now with some reviews talking about noise problems during the early hours of the morning and I'm a bit worried. Does anyone know what the situation is in August, does there tend to be more groups then or more families cos of English/Spanish school hols? Does anyone know if this hotel has suddenly relaxed it's rules on groups or anything? thanks for any advice

england
Level Contributor
273 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Hawaii Torrenova - more young groups than usual?

i cant help you with the question alison ,, but im there on tuesday with my family and im hoping that its not the stag party capital of torrenova ,, if it is then im straight to the management !! i hope it goes well .

Hampshire England
Level Contributor
5,559 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hawaii Torrenova - more young groups than usual?

I've stayed there about 5 or 6 times, sometimes in August, actually make that once lol - but IMO it's pot luck who's there at the same time as you.

These hotels that offer value for money also attract the cheap and cheerful crowd, which obviously includes groups.

A high floor minimises the street noise, - not that there is much, it's far enough away to not be affected by the noise from Punta Ballena.

England, United...
Level Contributor
2,054 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hawaii Torrenova - more young groups than usual?

Hi Gobbygobby and Mark, Thanks for your replies. Looks like we should be okay as long as we don't have groups in the rooms surrounding ours. I've put in a request for a sea view room, either above or below the pool but not on the same level as the pool to give a degree of balcony privacy and asked for it to be in a quiet location as I wasn't sure which rooms were quietest.

I'm probably worrying about nothing but groups are certainly being mentioned much more than normal right now, one review (on another site) even goes on about used condoms scattered around too but I was always of the impression that there was a night time security guard there so I wonder if they've cut back in that respect?

I hope your holiday goes well Gobbygobby and if you do a review I'll be sure to read it unless the start of our hols crosses over with the final days of yours as we arrive on the 5th

Walsall, United...
Level Contributor
1,937 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hawaii Torrenova - more young groups than usual?

I've always thought the Hawaii Torrenova would be full of groups during July/August!

We stayed here end of May one year and it was amazing, great views across the bay of Palma Nova. We were self catering but when we got there they gave us a week of breakfasts for free!

England, United...
Level Contributor
2,054 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hawaii Torrenova - more young groups than usual?

Last years reviews for Aug/July school hols suggest far more families than anything else, but the last few reviews now are coming up with loads of group comments...

Nice touch to get the free brekkies! We're going all inc so looking forward to a fortnight of no cooking!

Edited: 20 July 2012, 15:59
Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
72 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hawaii Torrenova - more young groups than usual?

We are going in 2 weeks and I have to say I'm worried too after reading the last few reviews.

England, United...
Level Contributor
2,054 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hawaii Torrenova - more young groups than usual?

I'll be arriving there not long after you Natalie, lets hope it's sensible when we go and not stag central lol

England, United...
Level Contributor
2,054 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hawaii Torrenova - more young groups than usual?

Latest reviews suggests it's like the set of the inbetweeners movie and one drunken party threw a bottle off a balcony and cut a child's head open. Very worrying. Now the school hols have started I'm hoping that the groups peter out...

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
72 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hawaii Torrenova - more young groups than usual?

Fingers crossed Alison!

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
72 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hawaii Torrenova - more young groups than usual?

Fingers crossed Alison!I have just read that review too it is worrying

Get answers to your questions about Palmanova
Recent Conversations