We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

suitable for familys early june??????

Which Palmanova hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
1 review
Save Topic
suitable for familys early june??????

hi looking to go here and stay at the waikiki early june just wondering if it would be ok for families or would it be to busy with youngsters etc with its being magaluf. as never been before

thanks very much

Poole, United...
Level Contributor
4,805 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: suitable for familys early june??????

If youre bothered about youngsters im not sure why youd book a hotel which as near as damn it in Magalluf. Perhaps look at the Mirlos Tordos or the Ponent Mar, both of which are still close to bars and restaurants but out of the way of the lunacy in Magalluf.

Derby, England...
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: suitable for familys early june??????

ya have to post how ya get on we booked that same hotel in august with 2 teenagers

newcastle/england
Level Contributor
1,476 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: suitable for familys early june??????

Agree with Trinet..i was in Magaluf last June and lunacy is too kind...Mayhem and not even high summer...

Hampshire England
Level Contributor
5,559 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: suitable for familys early june??????

Seriously, Tour Operators should be taken to task if they describe *ANY* Magaluf area Hotels in June as being suitable for family holidays.

It's one of the most brashest and out of control resorts in the whole of Europe. And IMO going downhill fast.

I dare say a bunch of 18 - 22 year olds would disagree with me lol

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: suitable for familys early june??????

thanks for all your replies and yes as never been before so have no idea what its like as told was on outskirts of magaluf and a family hotel. so i will have to maybe cancel. what areas are best anyone please? just want a location that has plently shops to browse and close to beach.

thanks

Kent , UK
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: suitable for familys early june??????

Hi

I would recommend Can Picafort. We are booked to go to Haiti Hotel in Can Picafort 2nd week in June. We have 2 year old so was after a family friendly resort. The hotel looks good for Kids, close to the beach and shops. Also on a main bus route so can go out and about as we please.Thomsons had a good deal on 2 week all inclusive.

6 weeks until we go - not that i'm count ing ;-)

CHESHIRE, ENGLAND
Level Contributor
203 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: suitable for familys early june??????

Not stayed in these apartments, but have stayed in Palma nova in June and is was great, lovely beach area. Magaluf is around the bay from you and is also a nice beach. It comes to life at night and I wouldn't suggest taking your family out in magaluf after 10pm, but there are some family bars away from the strip, if I were u I would head into Palma nova which has lots of family friendly bars and restaurants.

We first went in 2003 when our children were 10 and 6, and again in 2006. I have been with girls in 2010 and magaluf was very lively, but I would return,.

If you are worried may be switch your apartments to one in Palma nova not on the headland in between.

Hope this helps

Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: suitable for familys early june??????

Went last year start of June to Los Tordos Mirlos in Palma Nova. No problem whatsoever, good food, kids entertained all day, good weather. Was looking on Travel Republic and some mega deals if you can be a bit flexible.

newcastle/england
Level Contributor
1,476 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: suitable for familys early june??????

Calvia Council will officially say the Waikiki are in Palma Nova, but i think most of the experts on this forum including me would say they were in Magaluf..The Torrenova area is where the two resorts meet..a very busy area and always thought of as part of Magaluf...either way i think you could make a better choice elsewhere....

Hampshire England
Level Contributor
5,559 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: suitable for familys early june??????

It'd be interesting to know exactly where the border is supposed to be. IMO the Waikiki is in Torrenova, - as is the Lively Hotel. The road that runs between them AFAIA is the border (Calle St Miquel de Liria), with the road called Calle Cala Blanca being the border between PN and Magaluf. So the Comodoro is in PN, the bar that was the original City Lights (opposite) being in Magaluf.

The seemingly permanently closed Coco Bongos being in PN, with the 'alleyway' next to it being the border, up to the Vistanova, which is in Magaluf.

Which is where it all goes wrong :-\ as the (Vistanova) hotel's official address is in Palmanova :-0

Seems to have changed ownership now as well, used to be Hotetur, now seems to be listed as Bellevue.

Edited: 02 May 2013, 20:28
Get answers to your questions about Palmanova
Recent Conversations