We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Football

Which Palmanova hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
cheshire, england
Level Contributor
45 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Football

Hi anyone know a bar that will be showing stoke v crystal palace on Saturday 24th August we are staying in palma but thought palmanova may be the place to ask? Thanks in advance

Poole, United...
Level Contributor
4,805 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Football

Its not on Sky so i doubt you'll find it unless it happens to be on Spanish tv.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Football

If it is on Sky/BT Sport it will be on in some bars in Palma Nova for sure. If it is only on Middle East satellite channels not so sure. You are right to think about Premier League TV matches in Palma Nova rather than Palma. (It will be a 0-0 draw as Stoke can't score goals and Palace players are a way short of Prem League quality-so I don't think the TV will be that keen on showing it).

Lancashire
Level Contributor
2,007 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Football

I very much doubt it.

Poole, United...
Level Contributor
4,805 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Football

If you do decide to pop into Palma Nova for a look the best place you're likely to find it on is Cheeks which is by the taxi rank on the sea front. They have multiple screens and about 4 satellite systems and show multiple games sometimes.

Hampshire England
Level Contributor
5,559 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Football

Al Jazeera sport 6 is the only channel showing it, and the the only two bars that I know of that have Al Jazeera reception are Cheeks as mentioned above, and the Orion Bar opposite the Santa Lucia.

There might be others but I don't know of them.

Most bars will have a blackboard outside of the matches that they are planning on showing.

As Newcastle and Everton are the only noticeable two other teams playing at the same kick off time you might have a chance.

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
22 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Football

if you go into Magaluf, jokers bar show all the premier league games live at once and also the odd scottish match

Timbuktu, Mali
Level Contributor
861 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Football

JJ's sports bar in Palma Nova / Torrenova is the best place for football .

8. Re: Football

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2014, 06:21
Get answers to your questions about Palmanova
Recent Conversations